Well, it's official. I am totally outnumbered! With the birth of our little man Cason last month, I am now the only girl in house of 4 boys (Bryan 30, Ty 3, Brans 2, and Cason 1 month). Now some gals may think, "oh poor gal", but not me. This is what I dreamed of!! My sisters can tell you, I invisioned myself surrounded by sons. I've always wanted to be the mom cheering for her boys at some game, up to her eyeballs in dirt, camping every summer, and finding frogs and bugs on warm summer days. I'm livin' the dream. Now there are some unexpected aspects to this "boy" thing. I hadn't thought about what it would be like to potty train a boy (I don't have those parts, what do I know about using them?). And what to do about all the wrestling (me and my 3 sisters didn't roll around on the living room floor together). Do you stop it, laugh about it, or use the famous "don't come to me when someone is crying". Little boys are just so much fun and so dang funny!
My cute hubby reminded me last night that that is not the only way I am outnumbered. He referred to us having to use a Zone Defense (he had to help teach me about that). Bryan and I are now outnumbered by our kids. We used to be able to assign a parent a child (you take one I'll take the other) but now that doesn't work. What will we do when Cason is mobile?!
4 comments:
I love your blog!! So much fun!! I am finally jumping on the blogging bandwagon too!!! It is another fun way to keep up with everyone! I just think your boys are adorable and you are such an amazing mom! You always keep things in perspective and enjoy the ride!
Hi Kristin!
I came across your blog through Ike & Bekah's. Your family is too cute and I admire you. I have no clue what life must be like for you...I'm still getting adjusted to one!
Hey there!! Im so glad you have a blog!!! its a great way to keep in touch. Your boys are so dang cute, and i love there names!! tara-wayne.blogspot.com
I'm excited for your cute little family! I thought I'd write a note to tell you that it's not as scary as it seems to be so outnumbered! My oldest was just 5 when my 4th baby was born and it was a little overwhelming! I think I had "PRE-partum" depression instead of POST when my 3rd was born because I was gearing up for the whole 3 kids but only 2 parents, 2 arms, 2 hands, 2 spots in the stroller... Anyway, it's not that bad! Just roll with it and it really does get easier! Congrats! They are some handsome boys!
Post a Comment