Friday, June 20, 2014

May - captured in a few camera phone pics


Sorry, this isn't a Bachelorette recap.  I AM watching it though.  Hated the group date full of strippers (fast forwarded that whole mess) and absolutely LOVED the 50th anniversary one on one date where they dressed up as old people.  I think they should do that every season.  Still don't have one particular guy I'm rooting for.  Do you?  If life miraculously gets less crazy I'll attempt to write an actual recap… but reality is, life's just gonna get MORE crazy in the next few weeks!

But before talking about the whirlwind to come, I've gotta try to remember the fun we had a month ago.  If I don't write it down here on the blog, I won't remember it for my family yearbook that I make at the end of every year (or finally make half way through the next year.  Just got my 2013 yearbook in the mail yesterday!)  Anyway, on to May!

2014-05-05 18.28.50

So we started off the month of May with our traditional Cinco de Mayo fiesta!  You know I love a good theme.  Mexican food eaten outside in our glorious spring weather and friends over for homemade Tres Leches.  So fun!

2014-05-11 07.26.46

Mothers Day was dreamy.  I can't say that I usually like this holiday.  But my family did a great job spoiling me.  This year my kiddos woke up early and made me my first mothers day breakfast in bed.  I've been dreaming of this day :)  I remember doing this for my mom when I was a kid.  The breakfasts I made got progressively better through the years (from a bowl of cheerios to waffles and eggs).  My kiddos decided on toast, strawberries and a Riesen :)

2014-05-10 15.21.06

And their gifts, they know me so well :)

2014-05-11 12.52.57

So very blessed to be a mama of these amazing little people.  After this picture they let me take a nap.   And no one died or broke anything while I slept.   Heavenly I tell ya.

  2014-05-18 08.30.44

A week later Bryan and I were off on our 12th anniversary trip!  Thanks to my mother in law we were able to runaway for a couple days without the kiddos.

2014-05-19 10.49.42

We stayed at the most peaceful little inn in Sonoma CA.  Yep, that's wine country.  Vineyards for as far as you can see.  So what does a non-wine-drinking couple do in wine country?

2014-05-18 18.04.12

We spent lots of time reading by the hot tub (we were reading the Maze Runner series, so good!)

2014-05-18 16.09.58

And eating the amazing California produce.

2014-05-18 14.10.49

We found yummy food everywhere we went.

2014-05-19 11.53.05

Spent a morning golfing.

2014-05-19 12.14.24

I promise he wasn't aiming for the deer.

2014-05-20 11.52.25

Oh and found more yummy things to eat.  This was lunch one day. :)

2014-05-19 15.22.55

We hiked too.  Had to work off some of those calories.

IMG_20140519_203017

 It was a slow paced, relaxing few days.  Something the two of us desperately needed.

  2014-05-29 17.00.20

By the end of our trip I was ready to see my babies though.  Especially this one, who wasn't too happy that I had left him.

IMG_20140520_150200

So off to the airport we went again, to fly home, but first we had to hang out with our friend Kenny G while we waited for our plane.   Awesome.  I know.

  IMG_20140526_144213

The rest of our month was spent with all of the end of the school year, warm weather approaching, fun. Like fishing with our cousins in Midway.
IMG_20140526_150651
Even though nobody caught anything, they all still had lots of fun!

IMG_20140526_150206


IMG_20140526_220022

And days of swimming make me so excited for summer!!

2014-05-26 16.29.21


20140503_143447

 Daddy found time to take the boys to the BYU Rugby National Championship game.  Go Cougs!

  2014-05-28 18.54.57

We celebrated cousin Crew's birthday with our cousins at an all you can eat pizza and pasta place!  The kids were in HEAVEN!

  2014-05-28 18.48.32

I just LOVE having our cousins so close to celebrate birthdays and things with.  This month we also learned that my other sister Amy (the one NOT pictured here) is moving all the way across the country with her family.  Sad.

2014-05-04 10.41.35

On Memorial Day I whipped out the hair clippers for the traditional summer buzz cut.  The Before Picture.

  DSC_6092

The After Picture. The buzz cut tradition started when I lived in Oklahoma and we had ticks dropping out of trees, into our hair. Buzz cuts made it much easier to spot one of those buggers.  Ugh.  No ticks here in UT but it's still nice not to have to style any of the boys hair all summer.

  2014-05-10 12.04.562014-05-17 11.00.22

 May brings the end of basketball.

  2014-05-16 13.14.38

And end of the year performances of the Hungry Caterpillar.

  2014-05-02 16.10.16

And now onto the carefree days of SUMMER!

  2014-05-03 19.08.31

 And more days doing things like this!

  2014-05-21 08.43.52

 And no more days of dragging this little one out of bed to get the kids to school early.

2014-05-01 15.09.18

But of course, there will still be lots of days watching over this.  The house is really coming along.  In May we went from this:

2014-05-29 16.27.19

To this!  We started getting cabinets in!  It really started feeling like a home inside.

2014-04-24 15.56.07

And on the outside we went from this:

 2014-05-11 17.22.33

To this!  It's so fun seeing all my ideas come together.  A little scary too.  I've spent a year picking out things, making decisions, and you just hope when they all come together in the same space, that it works!  So far so good!

We're supposed to move in this summer.  Moving.  ugh.  Packing.  ugh.  But hopefully this will be the last move for a VERY long time.  Crazy, 5 kids at home, summer camps, packing up a house, moving into a new house, fun summer, here we come.

No comments: