
Tessa had her first haircut. That is if you don't count the time I buzzed her head as a baby to relieve her of her baby mullet. I've got the boy haircutting thing down, but girl hair, well I'm teaching her we just leave that to the professionals.

She also experienced her first manicure. Girl got some serious pampering this month.

With Christmas around the corner I knew soon we'd be putting up the decorations and Mr Knox wouldn't have a stocking that matched the rest of us. Once upon a time I decided I could sew and with the help of my friend Michelle we created a pattern for a stocking we had seen in a Pottery Barn catalog (that there was no way we could afford). We spent many nights creating them, and even had the foresight to sew an extra for a possible future baby. But not enough foresight for an extra extra baby. So 5 years later I got to try to decipher our "pattern." I can proudly say it was a success, but it may take another year to get his name embroidered on it.

This month was the kids Primary Program. The kids sing songs and recite memorized scriptures during our worship service. It's awesome. Grandpa had bribed, er, rewarded the kids with money to help them memorize their parts. They did so well that we celebrated a few days later with a donut breakfast.

My Knox just keeps getting bigger. Despite me telling him not to.

Brans started guitar lessons. He declared at dinner, after getting his guitar, that he had been "waiting his whole life" for this wonderful moment. Love it.

There were BYU games. Freezing 20 degree BYU games.

And enough snow one Sunday to make a small snowman before it all melted (creating an acre of mud, all to be brought in on the bottom of my children's shoes and the paws of my dog).

And then there was a fun and totally random date night of Mexican food and Nacho Libre type wrestling.

Oh yeah. Nnnnnaaaaaaaaachooooooooooo!

And of course, at the peak of Thanksgiving prep time, my Ty was diagnosed with Strep and Mono. Boo. It's the only thing I've ever seen slow this kid down.

And suddenly the month was almost over and it was time to party! Thanksgiving! Although one of my sisters and her family couldn't make it (New Jersey is too far, come back!!) and a couple nephews were out of town, we loved having both Bryan and my families all together under one roof.

Grandpa was in charge of the turkey. We named him Monte (ever have and Monte Cristo sandwich? Heaven I tell you!)

There were all sorts of games played. I think the favorites were King of the Mountain (pretty much a wrestling match on top of the ottoman, perfect for our zillion boys) and Mexican Train.

I loved watching Grandma teach the kids card games. We all tried our hardest to keep the electronics away.

Then there was our Christmas night. It's the perfect night for Grandma and Grandpa to give their gifts to their grandkids, instead of mailing them a month later. They've carried on the same gift tradition my grandparents used to do for their grandkids.

They also use this time for a grandma and grandpa teaching moment. They share their love for our Savior and challenge them to keep the commandments and to be grateful. Oh I adore these two and feel so blessed to be their daughter.

My sisters and I get gifts from them too! These sweatshirts may have been my favorite. It is so perfect for us!

The rest of the Thanksgiving vacation was spent eating Sees candy, watching movies and more games, like our Lego game night.

Oh and building things with grandpa. Basketball hoop here we come!

It was all so fun and we were all so sad to see them go. Family is what makes heaven on earth.
"Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. " The Family: A Proclamation to the World
No comments:
Post a Comment