Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Let The Games Begin!

Wow!  Another season of Bachelorette!  I thought I was going to have to wait until next fall to enjoy my Monday nights again, but to my complete delight I discovered that we'd get a season squeezed in before summer!!  Usually I only celebrate this funny obsession of mine with a party for the finale, but this time I thought I'd throw a premier party too!  So a few friends came over tonight and partook of some sugar, some Bachelorette introductions and even filled out their Bachelorette bracket (it's like March Madness for women!).  The party is almost as fun as the episode, almost ;)

As for the recap, this will be a shorty.  It's already midnight (us girls had too much to giggle about) and I'm ready for bed, so here's some quick thoughts.

JoJo - Have mixed feelings about her being the Bachelorette.  I tend to like the good girls.  Nothing raunchy.  Haven't decided where she sits in this spectrum.  I worry that she likes the wrong kind of guys, which doesn't bode well for a successful ending to this journey.  And by success I mean this relationship actually makes it to a wedding.

The guys-
**Alex - a marine, who is wider than he is tall.  Push ups don't impress girls friend.
**Ali - like as in Muhammed, not like the girl name.  Exotic.  A little too dramatic when on the piano, but hey, the guy plays the piano, so I won't be too picky.
**Brandon - No way
**Chad - digging the beard on him.  But way too Alpha male.  Especially when having to live with 20 guys in close quarters.  Scary.
**Chase - Wore fake glasses and mustache
**Christian - handsome, seems smart, helps take care of two brothers, showed up on a Harley.  He might be the perfect combo for JoJo, bad boy on the outside but sweetheart on the inside
Coley - Eek
**Derek - whoa, he's Jim from The Office!
**Daniel - scary Vampire-looking guy from Canada, token drunk person to strip down and jump into the pool in their underwear.  I'm starting to think this show pays one person to do this on every premier episode
**Evan - Not a chance
**Grant - Fireman
Jake - Landscape Architect
**James F - Owns a boxing club.  JoJo did a little boxing in her evening gown, surprised the "girls" didn't fall out.
**James S - The Bachelor Super Fan.  I bet he was filling out his own Bachelorette bracket through the night.  And why does he look airbrushed all the time?
**James Taylor - true to his name he's a singer songwriter, but not even close to as good as the original
Jonathon - Nope
**Jordan - Pro football Quarterback with some crazy awesome hair.  You could see she thought he was super hot the second he got out of the limo.  He got the first kiss (if you don't count the awkward totally forced kiss with some other weird dude) and the first impression rose.
**Cowboy Luke - who doesn't like a hot cowboy, who gives cool cowboy boots as a gift
**Nick B - aka sweaty Santa.  Nothin' like showing up dressed as a big fat man with a white beard to get a girl excited about you.  no.  This may have worked better if he had come in after the limo intro and changed into a suit and did his hair.  Instead he just looked rumpled and sweaty when she finally peeked at him under his beard.
Nick S - cute and more flexible than me
Peter - where's Peter?  Who's Peter?  Is Peter actually here?
**Robby - was a swimmer.  ok.  so what's Robby do now?  who knows.
Sal - brought his blue balls.  to squeeze.  gross.  Go home.
**Vinny - who's Vinny?
**Wells - now you my friend are ADORABLE!  The traveling quartet was cute, but you didn't even need it.  Please don't be weird.  I really want you to stick around for a while!
**Will- hated your intro

She meets them all.  They drink for like 7 hours.  I can't imagine wearing that dress for so that long!  I would of thrown on some yoga pants and a sweatshirt a couple of hours in.  And then it's time for some roses.  I put ** next to the ones she kept.  Shocked that some of my NO WAYS made it through. Makes me worry about her decision making skills.

Any of you care to guess the final two from what you've seen tonight?  I'm hoping for Wells and Cowboy Luke.  Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.