Monday - we made the 12 hour drive, and honestly it wasn't too bad, sadly the DVD didn't work but I had plenty of snacks, and Grandma was there to dish them out and read to the boys. Ty and Brans started asking "are we there yet" about 15 minutes into the trip. Thank goodness for a McDonalds Playplace along the way. Got to destination TX around 8:30pm.

Tuesday - kids woke up at 5:15!! a rainy day. Hung at the house, went through every toy of our cousin Jax and anxiously awaited the arrival of Aunt April, Aunt Holly, Gavin and Bruin.
Wednesday - kids woke up around 5:30! Aahhh! Let all the cousins play/maul each other, planned all the meals for the week (we ate so good!), then took everyone, yes EVERYONE, to the grocery store, what a site we were! You could hear us clear across the store. Spent the rest of the day outside in the backyard.



Thursday - Boys woke up at 5:45... I'm getting used to this. Today was a park day and then after lunch and naps we attempted a photo shoot. HA! Getting 6 little boys (4 of them 2 or under) and one 8 month old little girl, dressed, kept clean and smiling at a camera is NOT the easiest thing, I must say. But the outtakes are hilarious.


Friday - Woke up at 6... Halleluah... never thought I'd be happy to see that number. Today was BEACH day! We got everyone in their swim suits, packed up snacks and towels and headed to South Padre Island. It was a hit! The weather was perfect and the kids (and mommies) had soooo much fun (chasing seagulls, digging holes, burying themselves and finding seashells). We made it home just in time to pick up Grandpa from the airport.






Saturday - another park day and then lots of playing with Grandpa outside.



Sunday - all of us went to church, I got to sing a musical number with my sister in Sacrament meeting and then the usual naps and snacking.
Monday - Zoo day! And of course the day ended with the Bachelor Finale.




Tuesday - Attempted a pool day, but it just wasn't warm enough (though Ty, the dare devil did a flying leap into the freezing pool!) so we came home and filled up a little blow up pool with warm water and spent the afternoon playing with water and eating popsicles.
Wednesday - said our goodbyes and headed home. This time I had a new DVD player in tow. It was all so much fun! I can't wait for our next get together... with 3 new cousins.
5 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! Although, I am sad there isn't a pic with all the sisters! The kids are so cute though! ;)
what a fun trip! SO glad you all got to get together. Poor little Brooke is seriously outnumbered...good thing she has a lot of cool aunts to hang out with :>)
Sounds like so much fun! I could really use some sunshine and a beach!
well, I wish I coulda been there!!! Looks like so much fun!
And hey! Guess what!? While I was out of town and Barrett was bacehorin' it I got a call from him. He saw the Bachelor somewhere and was laughing...he went to high school with him! I knew I had to tell you.
Love ya!
And whoa! I jut caught your prego news! Congratulations Kristen! So awesome!
Post a Comment