So it has finally come... the finale! We start off with Jake walking along the beach, throwing rocks in the water and getting his clothes wet. He talks about his feelings for both girls "Tenley is too good to be true" and "Vienna makes me feel like the only guy in the room" (uh Jake... you ARE the only guy in the room). So to help him with his confusion, his family has come out to St Lucia to meet the girls and give their thoughts. He greets his family with tears and a very pink shirt. I'm liking Mom right off because of her reaction to Jake's comments about how the girls didn't like Vienna... and she says, "well Jake maybe there is something to that!!" Agreed!
So first to meet the family is Tenley. How does anyone NOT like Tenley!? She was a doll in her bright pink sundress and oozing happiness. The perfect possible wife for their son. There was LOTS of crying and "tender moments." I love when Jake says "Tenley would bring so much joy into our home"... uh THAT is what is important!! Well after a day of love and laughter his family was IN LOVE with Tenley and I was more in love with her too.
The next day was Vienna's day. Oh Vienna. She just said all the wrong things when she first got there. And Mom saw lots of red flags (all the things WE see). Jake feels like he's having to talk people into liking Vienna. But she held her own by going on about her love for Jake. There must have been some weird editing done, where chunks of discussions were left out, because suddenly the family is liking her, despite her rude comments and tackiness. Whatever.
The following day was Vienna's last date with Jake...and they were off to a stinky hot spring, where they coverd each other in "silky" mud (that I'm sure RUINED her turquise skirt bikini). He keeps talking about how attracted he is to her, how gorgeous she is... which makes me realize how much he does love her... when you love someone you see past their flaws, you see past the fact that they look like a man. That night they got back to her room and she gave him her dad's promise ring along with a love letter that I'm sure the camera man made him read outloud.
Then it's Tenley's day, she looks so good in here purple tank... she should wear that color more often. They're off on a boat, to snorkel, do lots of swimming, watch dolphins, but I can't get over how stressed he looks. At the end of their boat ride they had a very real (but confusing) conversation about physical chemistry. Oh Jake the things I would point out to you. She is so good at working through issues. SHE IS SUCH THE BETTER CHOICE. But we all know he's not thinking clearly.
The morning of the final rose ceremony Jake wakes in the COOLEST room I have ever seen! I just may have to google where he's staying. The ring man shows up at his door and he's still "so confused," switching his choice every 30 minutes, so Mr Bling let's him take 2 rings, a Tenley ring and a Vienna ring. I know ABC is trying to keep us guessing, but come one... we all know who he's gonna pick. But still we watch and hope as we see the ladies get all dolled up and hop into their helicopters of love.
The first helicopter lands and its.... Tenley. Oh so sad. She looks gorgeous with her sunkissed face and in her gold gown. Chris takes her by the hand and walks her up like 5 flights of stairs, with her in heels. Jake gets talking and she can already see what's coming... she knows there is a "but" that's coming. "Something just doesn't feel right" Tenley seals it with one of the best, classiest goodbye speeches I've ever heard. "I have loved falling in love with you" Some incredible guy better snatch her up!!!!!!!! She is just so positive, still smiling through her tears, still thankful and amazingly still finding the cup half full. Goodbye Tenley and may you find someone WAY better than Jake.
Next helicopter had Vienna in her turquise greek style gown. Okay I'll admit it, for Vienna, she looks kinda pretty. He gives her her promise ring back, which gets the doubts flying, and the tears a brimmin' (and all of us wondering... one of the tricky moves of the producers), but then follows it up with an "I love you", a proposal and wedding ring. I couldn't watch the review of love moments between Jake and Vienna (afraid I might puke, I am a sick prego girl you know) but I sang along with Wings of Love and thought about the upcoming wedding between Jason and Molly. So glad I have that to look forward to next Monday... I won't go through immediate Bachelor withdrawls.
I'm not sure why I even watched the After the Rose, it was boring, except for Chris poking fun at Jake and his Mesnick crying bouts. Tenley was still poised, positive and perfect. Vienna still had bad extensions though her color was a bit better. Jake was still a dork. And the live Wings of Love was fast forwarded (I just couldn't hear it one more time). No surprise on the Bachelorette announcement: Ali! You know I'll be watching come May. And this I ask... will you be watching? And do you think Jake and Vienna will have a wedding? (if it's on TV, that is one wedding I would NOT be watching!)
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, Kristen, I wish you could have seen Pete's face throughout the finale, and he's so worried about poor Tenley.
Love your updates! Hope you're feeling better!
Oh my goodness. Jake is such a mess- such a mess. I wish I had a non married brother so he could marry Tenley. Tenley made me want to be more positive. Thanks for the updates- I luv um. Hope your pregnancy is going well. Once you move to Murray we will probably see you a lot more- (well,if Matt's Mom ever moves back).
oooh....Vienna was the LAST girl I would have chosen for him this season...I give their relationship 6 months tops. Poor Tenley she deserves a nice guy :<(
Did you notice how Tenley's face lit up when Jake said he hoped they could still be friends? Then she said, "if your significant other will allow it." Yeah, right. You think Vienna would ever allow that? Nope! I'm kinda glad he didn't choose Tenley though. Could you imagine? He'd still be thinking about how much "heat" he had with Vienna. Tenley deserves so much better than that.
Hey! Congrats! I am so excited for you guys to have another little one! (Also I love your posts, my mom and I read them weekly!)
So funny. I laughed outloud at the "looks like a man" comment because my hubby is always saying the same thing. without a doubt Vienna and the sisters-in-law are going to have problems later. You're right, Vienna looked her prettiest for the proposal, although ATFR (with less of that tan and less eye makeup) she did look better too. I love Jake and WANT them to get married, but it will seriously go against all odds for them to really make this work. I hope Tenley scores an amazing guy, like Melissa did after all the Mesnick drama.
I've been waiting for this post since last week, somehow I missed it in my feed. I also felt the ridiculousness of his statement that Vienna makes him feel like the only guy in the room. I said the exact thing you did. Duh, Jake.
Something started changing inside of me about Vienna when they had the hometown dates. Not in a way that would make me think that she should be chosen over Tenley, but just this weird, should I say it? Sensitivity...? for her. In the end, I felt like there could be a million great guys for Tenley. She is perfect. I felt bad for both her and Jake when he was trying to put into words why it wasn't her. What reason in the world did he have not to pick the perfect girl? Nothing but that "feeling" that she wasn't the one. I just knew he was going to pick Vienna when he said that he felt like he had to convince everyone that Vienna was a good choice. She is still immature, but I feel like Jake is her shot. If all goes well, they'll be able to grow into better people with one another.
Oh Ali...I'm sure I'll watch at some point, but I feel like it's going to be a lot of emotional drama like the last two shows she was on. She got on my nerves. I mean the Bachelor/ette is where one goes to get a good heaping dose of drama in. I just kept thinking: "She couldn't leave her job for Jake, but she can leave it to be the star of her own show?...And still with no guarantee of true love."
I am so excited about Jason and Molly!
Post a Comment