Monday, May 24, 2010

Reason # 63 - The Weather

Okay, so we may have the occasional freaky storm, resulting in us huddling in the closet waiting for the tornado sirens to turn off, or the couple months of scorching, humid heat.... BUT overall, Oklahoma has some of the greatest weather on the planet. Summers are definitely hot enough for swimming, falls are gorgeous and cool, winters have their occasional snow storms or ice storms (enough to feel festive) but are usually mild and even have days that are in the 70s, and spring is full of awesome thunderstorms to listen to at night and to play in the puddles during the day. We spend A LOT of time outside here, whether digging and racing in our backyard, riding bikes in the neighborhood, playing in friends backyards, visiting parks or enjoying the zoo or lake.

DSC_8968 DSC_8969

DSC_8945

DSC_8920

Don't you just love rollie pollie bugs. It's the only bug I'll touch.

DSC_8923

DSC_9746

DSC_9749 DSC_9747

I will miss Oklahoma weather... even the crazy stuff. Yes, I look forward to UT weather too, LOVE the summers there... though the fact that it is snowing there today is nuts.

No comments: