Monday, August 2, 2010

Ali Does It Her Way

So Bora Bora is the final destination for our Ali and 2 final guys, Roberto and Chris. We'll be starting things off by having the Bachelors meet Ali's family. Roberto gets to meet them first. Though Ali's parents are divorced, it looks like things are civil enough that they are there together to do this show. Brother and sister look nothing like Ali, but lookin' at mom I think we have a good idea what Ali will look like in a few years. Roberto does well with everyone. We had to have our tender moment where Mom cries with him and then busts out in her high school Spanish, declaring her belief that he's pretty great. Roberto takes the time with Dad to declare his love for Ali and ask for his blessing. They ended things with a salsa dance lesson, requested by Mom. I think Mom has a little crush of her own on Roberto...like Mother like Daughter. Overall he did pretty darn great.

Then it was Chris' turn. Oh the connection was so great! His mom was and her mom is, a nurse. Her Dad is a teacher, Chris used to be a teacher and her sister is a teacher. Everyone's from Massachusetts. Oh wouldn't he just fit in so well. Everyone had tender conversations with each other. And when Chris sits down with her Dad, for the "talk", Chris gives one of the sweetest speeches I have ever heard. He is so genuine!!!!!! They wrapped up the day with a day of swimming and admitting that he just feels like part of the family. He's so in love. I sure hope she is.

Now to the last dates with Ali. Roberto is first again. She shows up in a cute yellow and white, off one shoulder top. Off they go on a waverunner through the gorgeous Bora Bora water. They run into a herd/school/pack? of stingrays in the middle of the ocean. Casting aside all fears of a Steve Irwin incident, they hopped into the water and played with the stingrays for a while... lots of giggling and screeching from Ali and strong, protective moments from Roberto... ready to take a spear to the heart for her. After, they had a romantic picnic on the beach and then it began to rain... which apparently to them was the most romantic thing EVER. That night Roberto set things up at his bungalow...candles, looked like some yummy sushi, and a present on the bed. And boy did he do well. By the end of the night she was putty in his "perfect" hands. She even admitted that she didn't want to go on her next date. UH OH! She said she just wanted to stay with Roberto forever. Oh no, I think I know where this is going!!

But I didn't expect it to go down the way it did!!! BIGGEST surprise ever. The next day was Chris' date and I knew something was up the second Chris opened the door for Ali and she stepped in without her usual big smile and giddiness. She sits him down and with awkwardness she tells him that she's in love with someone else. WHAT?! She doesn't want to put him through the dramatic, emotional proposal day. I must admit, I totally admire Ali for doing it her way. She spared him the whole getting down on his knee and THEN getting rejected. Very nice. BUT, my poor Chris. He was so sad. But then a thought occurs to me... maybe they'll make HIM the next Bachelor. I would LOVE to watch him for another season. We all know I'm not the biggest Ali fan, so maybe he could find someone that I would love too. Oh happy thoughts during such a sad moment. After Ali dumps him and leaves, Chris heads out to his porch and looks out across the ocean and sees a rainbow... as we know that is the symbol of his mom watching over him. Very sweet. Very comforting for our Chris. He's hurt but he will go on.

So the next day is proposal day. It's nice to hear Ali say that she just couldn't love more than one man. That's how they should sound at the end of all this. I've always been disturbed by the confusion on the day of proposal. There should always be a favorite. The whole, "I'm just so confused I love them both" thing totally bugs me. So yeah for Ali, she knows what/who she wants and isn't going to follow the "usual" way of doing things. We get to see Roberto looking at rings and wondering if he should propose...yes they're trying to keep us on our toes about SOMETHING since we're not worried about which guy she chose. Now we're supposed to be worried about whether or not he is really ready to choose her. Then we see Ali getting ready, she's chosen a gold dress that apparently she needs some guy to help her put it on. And so it goes on, jumping back and forth between Ali and Roberto until we end up with both of them together, up on a hill, over looking the ocean and he "goes with his gut" and proposes... while sweating profusely. She says yes and we watch a review of their best moments together, all serenaded by the Lion Kings "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (you know, cuz they have history with that song). So I guess it's a warm and fuzzy ending.

Now to the After the Rose, a pointless hour of review in my opinion. First we REVIEW the whole thing with the Frank... minus Frank, who apparently just wanted to go on with his life (with his girlfriend) instead of rehashing what happened months ago. Then we have to REVIEW things with Chris. Poor guy. Does he really want to see that break up again. It's just mean. SO hoping we'll be seeing him again.

Then we get to REVIEW the proposal and witness the reunion of Ali and Roberto. What's with Ali's dress? Is it too small? She's smashed into it. They seem oh so in love. Ready to start life together. Good for them. I actually think they may have a chance at reaching Trista and Ryan status. And a surprise trip is offered to the lovely couple, a romantic getaway to Catalina via a helicopter of love. Adios you two.

And if you're wondering, I've made up my mind. No, I won't be watching the Bachelor Pad. It just seems so trashy and I'm really trying to keep my TV watching to the virtuous, lovely and of good report status (yes, I do think the Bachelor/Bachelorette usually falls into this category, for the most part). If you decide to watch it, would you send me an update here and there, I'm still curious... I promise I won't judge you :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am seriously laughing so hard. Fab review sister. I agree with every detail. The string rays (who does that anyhow?), the sweating prob hottie Roberto has, the pancake breasts in the dress last night, but oh what a delight it was to be so surprised. I LOVED every moment of this season. It restored my faith in the Bach...I almost let Jake & Vienna ruin it for me. :> And, while I think Chris is an awkward kisser...neck kisser...I love him and think he would do great as the bach. Hope that one happens, but I thought they would announce it last night if that was the case. Thanks for the fun!

Heather B said...

I was SOOOO happily surprised that the spoilers were wrong for the first time in years. I LOVED Roberto and couldn't believe she would let him go. I actually watched the ending of this episode and saw her end up with Roberto, before I watched the day-dates and meeting the family. Seeing it that way, it was plain as day how into Roberto she is. She was all over him, giddy, kissing him, couldn't keep her hands off him- and then with Chris, it was never more than hand holding. Too bad he couldn't see what he saw, he was so blind sided. Seems like he really thought he was going to end up with her. I think Ali and Roberto have a good chance, but remember how vicious she was when Justin "crossed" her? I'm just afraid that when the honeymoon phase wears off for her and Roberto, her mean side will come out in arguments and stuff. I hope he's a patient enough guy to get through it. I know she's got a nasty side. And to quote my husband, "Why do I want to punch her every time I see her?" Hahaha. as for Chris being the bachelor...I would love to watch him fall in love, but I honestly think he is too good and too amazing to be the bachelor. Can you imagine him kissing a different girl every day? He just seems too loyal to be the "player" that is required for the Bachelor. But all of America is in love with him, so I definitely think they will ask him. I just don't know if he'll accept. Thanks for all the great recaps! Now I want to know how much weight Ali gained over the course of the 2 months! She seems to have lost it now!