Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Oklahoma Weekend

As most of you mommies know, we don't get much of a break... like ever. Even when we go on a family vacation our "job" goes with us. I'm not complaining. I feel so blessed to have this 24/7 job of mine, but I must be honest, it can be exhausting! It's especially exhausting when my partner in crime (the hubs) isn't home to help much. Again, I'm not complaining. He's working so super hard and is just as exhausted as I am, I'm sure. So when the hubs actually agreed to my "hey honey, I'd sure love to go back to Oklahoma to see some friends of mine for a weekend" I was totaly excited!

This was going to be so good, for ALL of us. I would get to spend a weekend without any little boys to watch, feed, answer questions, do homework, or clean up after. Tess, who came with, would get 2 full days of my attention, and would get to meet my dear Oklahoma friends. And Bry and the boys would have a weekend of boy time. No mommy enforcing rules, making them eat right or spoiling their fun. :)

So off we went! I got to read a magazine on the plane. Delightful. I got to stay with my dearest friend Megan and her beautiful family.

DSC_6712

I got to sleep in (and so did Tess), eat at some yummy Oklahoma spots, shop, giggle with girlfriends, go to church to see my Oklahoma family and discuss the universe and mothering with Megan while munching on pastry wrapped brie. Oh AND I got to close on our Oklahoma house (halleluah! We're back to ONE mortgage payment). It was wonderful.

What was even more wonderful, was coming home to my sweet boys, a clean house and my super man hubby. I'm recharged.

A big thanks to the hubs for making it all possible, to Meg for giving me a place to stay and priceless friendship, to Hannah and Milo for letting me sleep in your bed, to Jeff for letting me steal Meg for the weekend, to Michelle and the Collman's for having Bry and the boys over!

3 comments:

Megan said...

It was so delightful to have you here. I was telling my mom how great it was & how you are so very wise. I should have taken notes during our conversations! Thank you again for coming!!

Robyn said...

I was so happy you came back and that I was lucky enough to see you and meet sweet Tess. You are amazing and I miss you so much!
Loves!

The Wright Fam said...

wish I could have joined in on more of the fun! I look forward to seeing you hopefuuly when we come out your way at Christmas!!! The Taylors pics turned out great, good thing you didn't wait until Monday or you would have had umbrellas!