Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December... in pictures

Okay, I'm usually a "December, please never end" kind of girl. But this time, I'm not sure why, but I've been happy to take down my decorations and start the new year. I'm a little Christmased out. I know... bah humbug. It's not that I didn't have a fabulous Christmas... really, I did. But I think I'm ready to ditch the endless list of Christmas "to do's" and just enjoy my simple everyday, wonderful life.

Anyway, so because of my endless to do's I didn't do much updating on this here blog. And though I'm sure you, my friends, don't care if you missed out on all we did, I still must get it on here because this is where I record the Christensen family history (later to be cut and pasted into my family yearbook that I print). So here it is... our Christensen Christmas.

DSC_7193 DSC_7189

DSC_7191

One of the first things we had to do was make some decorations for Nanna and Gunka. They needed some ornaments and snowflakes to make their Marshall Islands apartment more festive!

DSC_7219 DSC_7220

Then we decorated our gingerbread houses. Okay, so they were made of graham crackers this year. After last years, ALL day event of making gingerbread, even though NONE of us even liked the taste of gingerbread, I vowed to stick to graham cracker houses.

DSC_7230

I've decided the reason people are so happy around the holidays is because of the mass amounts of sugar being consumed.

DSC_7294

I had lots of crafty projects, including my christmas card wreath. I LOVE it. This was taken at the beginning of the season. You should see it now. It's so packed full of faces I love.

DSC_7216 DSC_7214

We had to go see the lights at temple square... though we weren't thinking when we decided to go on the first Sunday evening of December. We had to park a million miles away because it was the First Presidency Christmas message that night... duh. But I must admit, it was nice to walk around temple square and look at lights and not be smooshed in crowds. Oh and yes, Brans was there with us too... though he's not in the pics. He's been a bit anti-pictures this year. Funny kid.

DSC_7209

DSC_7212

Tessa wasn't too impressed with it all. She just cried inside her snuggly carseat.

DSC_7299

Brans had a cute little Christmas performance at his preschool.

DSC_7305

He sang all the songs, but wasn't too in to doing any of the hand movements. That's his "best friend" standing behind him. Brans is attempting to grow his hair out "long like Caleb's"

DSC_7458

Then a week before Christmas the grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousins arrived! We spent some of the time up in Midway where my parents were staying. There were races to the pool...

DSC_7454

Playing with the apps on Grandpa's Iphone.

DSC_7461 DSC_7464

Swimming!! The boys loved that they could swim inside and see the snow outside!

DSC_7478 DSC_7482

Grandpa was such a good swimming buddy.

DSC_7499

DSC_7488

And then some of the time we all hung out at my house, where we...

DSC_7722

... sent the boys out to hunt for snipes and deer...

DSC_7728

...had one HUGE sleep over with all the cousins and grandpa and grandma and aunts and uncles... I think it totalled 17. We didn't do much sleeping. But it was fun. And loud. Look at all these monkeys in their Christmas PJs! SO cute. There are 2 cousins missing from the pic. :( Sadly one of my sisters and her family couldn't make it.

DSC_7829

Christmas day, we were up early, had a much more organized Christmas morning (after having an absolutley chaotic Christmas Eve), ate a yummy breakfast of the traditional eggs golden rod and scones, opened a few more presents and then played and played.... in jammies all day of course.

DSC_7820 DSC_7772

DSC_7846

DSC_7782 DSC_7866

And now they're all gone... the company, the decorations, the Christmas tree, but unfortunately not all the goodies or my head cold. 2010 was a good one. Looking forward to what's in store for us in 2011.

No comments: