
Ikea Highchair (their baby spoons are pretty great too) - this thing ROCKS! I had used other highchairs and HATED them. Most highchairs out there have too many little crevices for food to get stuck in and who wants to keep washing the padding and stuff. Yuck. Then I found this fabulous IKEA invention. It's just one piece, with NO crevices. So easy to wipedown. It's also the same height as most tables so you can pop the tray off and just scoot baby up to eat with the family if you want. Oh and the huge bonus, its SOOOOO cheap! It's $19.99 for the base and $5 for the tray. You can't get better than that. So much time and energy was wasted cleaning those other highchairs.

Aden and Anais swaddling blankets - I got these dreamy blankets when I had Tessa. How I wish I had had some for when I had the boys. I'm a big fan of swaddling babies and these are awesome. They're the best size and not too bulky, a nice thin material. They're not the cheapest, but you only need 2. Tessa is still sleeping in hers.

BabyWise - I know for some this is controversial. But for me this was the sole reason I have been sane through baby after baby after baby after baby. Seriously. With my first child I was a Natzi about following everything it said to a T. I referred to it often, checking it when any problem came up. Even though I was a bit crazy about my schedules and feedings, it was a great learning experience. When the next babies came along I would review it and then take what it taught and adapt it to my life. A much more relaxed approach. What I love the most about the theories in this book is that by following them a) my babies slept and were the happiest babies. They took great naps and after a couple months were sleeping through the night. No I do not think I just got lucky with the temperments of my babies. It took work! But it worked! b) it made me feel like an educated calm mother. I never really worried about what was making them cry. I KNEW. It what awesome. I knew if they were hungry or tired or over stimulated. Awesome. I've always felt so bad for mothers who are so exhausted for months with a newborn or feeding round the clock. My experience with newborns was such a different experience, and I thank this book for that.

Combi double stroller - I got this life saver the week after I had Brans and I'm STILL USING IT (5 years later!) There are so many great things about it. It's well priced ($200), fits through every door I've ever had to go thru, folds up into the itty bittiest cube (and I have folded it and put it in my trunk with ONE hand many o times), is light, totally adjusts for every stage of baby (lays back for newborns, fits just about every newborn carseat into it, and the front bar pops off so your toddler can hop in and out of it) and it comes in lots of cute colors (way more than when I got mine.) I wish I had avoided buying the big bulky single stroller with my first baby and had just gotten this, yes, even for just one baby.

Baby Mum Mums - didn't discover these until I had Tessa either. I was always so frustrated when my babies just started to eat and I couldn't give them anything to eat that I didn't have to feed them myself. All the other biscuits and things I tried were SO MESSY and ended up everywhere. These are light and melt easily but don't get all over everything. Great for church (when you're trying to keep baby quiet) or for when you're trying to clean your kitchen or get some computer time without your little one screaming. Gerber Puffs are also great but baby has to be able to use her little pincher fingers.

And then there's Target's UPandUp brand diapers. Tons cheaper than Pampers and Huggies but are great (and I've tried a few other off brand diapers and hated them!) I still can't bring myself to put them on my newborns. I just love the Swaddlers on my littlest munchkins, but on my toddlers, these diapers totally do the job. And the green and blue polka dots are pretty darn cute too.
So this is my list. WIsh I had all these things with baby #1. Hope it helps someone! You other wise Moms, I'd love to hear what your list is.
6 comments:
So basically.... we have the exact same list! It's true... great minds do think alike! The only thing that I haven't tried are the swaddling blankets, and the Target diapers. I've heard great things about the blankets and was thinking about getting them for baby #3 when she gets here in June. I'm surprised you never saw me with the Baby Mum-Mums at church if Xander didn't have one then I was probably munching one! Ha ha! Some other fabulous products to check out are the Boon baby products line at www.booninc.com (you can find some of their products at Target and Walmart as well). Their stuff is amazing! We have the Frog Pod and Flo dispenser for the bath, the Lawn countertop drying rack, and would love to get the Glo nightlight. I also wish we would have purchased their training toiler/step stool as well. Their dishes/utensils are pretty great as well.
I agree with your list as well! I haven't tried the baby mum-mums... Guess I need another baby so I can try them!
I need to add that target has a line of aden and anais made just for target. they are a little bit thinner than the other blankets, but 1/2 the price. They are THE BEST!! It was great it the oklahoma heat to have a light weight blanket to nurse and swaddle with.
Love your list! I am so glad that blanket made your list! It is a must have and once I found it, I give them at every baby shower! They are amazing! I need to check out the diapers though!
Yes.
Yes.
YES!
Yes.
YES!
yes.
Agreed on all accounts!! :) I don't know why I wasted so much $$ on things I never used, ie. changing table!!
PS- we finally had to get a new carseat for baby#3 and the one we got (dang it!) doesn't fit in my beloved Combi. I seriously am going through withdrawls, and if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the new carseat I would have returned it in a heartbeat and bought my Combi back!!
Love Target brand diapers, even the newborn ones are awesome, that is what I use little Skyler.
Soothie bottles if you use a bottle ever for feeding, they are the same nipple as the soothie pacifier they use in the hospitals.
Macclaren single stroller is my favorite umbrella stroller.
Post a Comment