Thursday, September 29, 2011

Busy With Life

fl4

Okay so this picture doesn't exactly make me look busy, but trust me, we have been! Because of all the busy-ness I decided I needed a little RnR, so when Bry had to go to Florida for a seminar, I thought I'd go along with him. Some might have gotten bored with a husband in classes all day and no children to chase, but not me. I sat. And I read. And I worked on my annual Family Yearbook. Oh and I slept in.

fl3

And this is who I hung out with most of the day. Yes, I wasn't totally kid free. My AMAZING and BRAVE sister April watched my boys (along with her own!) and I took Tessa along with me to Florida.

flor fl2

She spent most of her days in her swimsuits. And slept in with me (love those black out hotel curtains).

fl5

She loved playing in the pool and chasing these little lizards all over the place... yes, one even snuck into our room.

florida

Bryan did lots of this. He would come visit us during his breaks and take a little catnap. And then when his classes were over each day we'd go have some fun. It was like having a date night every night.

fl

We made it to the beach one day when his classes got out early. Hello, if you go to Florida, do not miss Clearwater Beach. AWESOME! White powder sands and warm water with sea shells everywhere. My ghetto phone camera does NOT do it justice. I was already missing my boys, but going to this beach REALLY made me miss them. They would've LOVED it.

DSC_3964

As much fun as it was, by the weeks end I was ready for my normal chaos. And I'm back in the thick of it. When we got home the kids were alive and happy, the house was clean (I'm telling you, my sister is amazing!) and there was a watermelon in our garden that was oh so ready to be eaten!

DSC_3968

DSC_3962

And fall had started in the mountains! I totally enjoyed the Florida beaches, but there's nothing like UT mountains in the fall!

1 comment:

The Gray Family said...

what a fun trip! And I LOVE your swimsuit where did you get it???