Monday, December 26, 2011

A Not So Normal Christmas

Merry Christmas from the Christensens!

card

I wish I could say mine was perfect. After getting kids to bed, sugar plums dancing in their heads, Bry and I got everything wrapped and headed to bed ourselves. So far, so good.

DSC_5503

At 5am Bryan and I woke up with the flu, yes both of us. We felt miserable. The boys got up around 6:30 and Bryan and I stumbled into the living room and flopped on the couch. In between our trips to the bathroom the boys opened up their presents and had a breakfast of christmas candy.

DSC_5511

The couch is where we spent the majority of our day.

DSC_5512

So all the pictures I took that day were from my one spot on the couch.

DSC_5519

Thank goodness for the new toys!

DSC_5523

So, we didn't have the traditional Christmas breakfast. We didn't get to enjoy a nice Christmas service at church. We didn't gorge on yummy Christmas goodies. We barely remember the kids opening up their presents. BUT, my house was warm, my kids were happy and my family was together. I guess that's pretty perfect after all.

3 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I'm so sorry you were sick! We spent last Christmas Eve in a hotel room in Arizona with the worst stomach bug I've ever had. Magnolia was the only one who didn't get it. I love the photos from the angle on the couch.

The Gray Family said...

what a bummer :<( Hope everyone is doing better!

Robyn said...

I am so sorry. Can I say that being sick on Christmas is one of my worst fears. I know there are much worse things out there but it is on my list. I do like the pics though! Miss you!