Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Last Single Digit Birthday for Ty

DSC_2894

 I've got a 9 year old!

  DSC_2797

He was so excited for his birthday and the fun that comes with it. Like picking out his birthday breakfast cereal. Sugar coated marshmallow-ey nastiness.

  DSC_2822

And the theme for his party had been picked out for months... Minecraft. That weird game is his latest obsession.

  DSC_2836

I had to study up on it a bit to get the appropriate decor and themed food. The cheers of "cool!" from my boys and their cousins and friends makes me think I did okay :)

  DSC_2842

My favorite part of the whole day was right before bed when Ty came up to me and gave me a big bear hug and thanked me for the greatest party ever. So glad he's still impressed with streamers, some candy and a few friends!

  photo2

Of course we had to have our birthday dinner date, just Bry, Ty and myself. Pei Wei, the consistent choice for Ty. It was the perfect time to have the "birds and the bees" talk. Yikes. Went quite well though. I didn't leave feeling we had sucked him dry of his childhood innocence, just opened the door for more talking about important things.

  photo1

After dinner we went to get Ty some new shoes. Holy moly, they fit me! My little boy will be taller than me in no time!

  DSC_2882

It's happening. My little boy is a big boy. He's handsome and smart and kind.

  DSC_2878

We're somewhere between baby and man... a scary place, an exciting place.  I feel so much responsibility to teach as much as I can, while he's still listening.

DSC_2880 copy

How I love him so and thank my Heavenly Father daily for trusting me with such special spirits.

No comments: