Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Good Bye Summer, Hello Fall

Besides school starting, the biggest sign of summer's end is the beginning of BYU football.

DSC_2817

 To show our blue blood, we get out our BYU decor, sport the blue clothing and even slap on a BYU decal onto the ol' Suburban. I would say Bry is in heaven watching his cougs each week, but well, it doesn't feel like heaven after the occasional loss. But no fair weather fans here.

  DSC_2921

 Cougar season also brings visits from Grandpa, who comes all the way from California to cheer on the cougs at the games with Bryan and the lucky kiddo that he brings along.

  photo18

But football wasn't the only extracurricular activity going on this month.  Bry tried to squeeze some mountain biking or a game of golf in whenever he could.  The boys have happily joined in.  We really hope we'll be a family of golfers someday.  Even I'm about to buy my first set of clubs.

photo12

We've also been busy and oh so excited about the building of our home!  September marks the start of it all!

DSC_3038

The boys have been thrilled to go visit the lot daily with us.  Bry and I go to watch the progress. The kids go to climb dirt mountains, watch the big diggers and jump into the big hole that is ever changing into what one day will be our basement!

  photo27

Of course the boys spend a great majority of their time in school, which thankfully they've liked... as much as boys, who'd rather be swinging from trees instead of sitting at a desk, can like school.  I spend the majority of my time driving.  No joke.  I'm in my car A LOT.  Poor Knox.  I think I wake him up from 90% of his naps so we can run and grab somebody from or take someone to school.

photo19

So as a reward for getting through those long days at school, we occasionally stop at our local sonic for an after school treat.

  DSC_2955

And I decided that this exhausted mommy needed a treat of her own. So after a "yes go for it" from my husband my sisters and I planned a girls getaway. A weekend in St George with no kids... well except for the one that can't be separated from my bosom yet.

  photo16

We ate out, slept in, watched a chick flick, sewed, and laughed...

  photo15

and laughed....

  photo14

 and shopped til we dropped!

  DSC_2961

 We also had to squeeze in a little photo shoot of my gorgeous sisters. Amy is 8 months pregnant...yes one hot pregnant lady!

  DSC_2992

 My sisters are awesome. We had oodles of fun. And decided that we needed to make girls weekend an annual thing. And amazingly my husband, after watching the munchkins all weekend, agreed! Yay for our successful 1st annual weekend getaway!

  photo24

The best part of a getaway vacation, is liking your kids even more when you get back.

September was good.  But onto an even better month.  October.  sigh.  Oh how I love thee.

No comments: