
Okay so my last post talked all about our fall traditions. But I didn't include my favorite.... family themed costumes for Halloween! When the boys were little, planning coordinating costumes was easy. They happily went along with Buzz and Woody, Super Heroes or Peter Pan. As they've gotten older it's taken a bit more convincing. I have to come up with "cool" ideas that big boys would like. Like last years' Star Wars theme. So this year we spent lots of time discussing different ideas. They wanted Minecraft. Hmmmm lots of little boys walking around with cardboard boxes on their head? nah. I wanted Scooby Doo. Not cool enough. One of the boys thought of Lord of the Rings! ding ding! The options were endless! So here it is! My collection of little Lord of the Rings characters!
We had to have our mean Orc. This totally fit in with his desire to be scary and carry a weapon.

And Brans has been pretending he was Legalas ever since he saw the movies. Long flowing hair, shoots with bow and arrows, totally cool.

And we had to have a Froto. This one took a little convincing (he wanted to be an Orc too). But then I realized all he wanted was a sword. Uh, Froto carries an Orc sensing sword. Sold!

Princess Arwin. Key word, princess. That's all she needed to hear.

And our favorite costume. Our little dwarf. You couldn't help but look at him and smile.

Our cousins came to go Trick or Treating with us. Boy did the kids score this year. Best neighborhood candy ever. So much that the kids didn't notice at all when Bry and I snuck our fair share :) Now I gotta start thinking about next year's theme....
No comments:
Post a Comment