
So the month started of with a battle of wills. My will to have my 2 year old continue his one nap a day. And Knox's will to not miss out on any afternoon fun.

Usually this very common battle is won by Mom because of the fact that he's stuck in his wooden prison for a couple hours. This was the case… until this little gymnast learned how to fling his body over the side of the crib. Prison Break. Out of 5 kids, he is my first to figure this out.

But this isn't Mom's first time around the block. I know a few tricks. Like, that no tired baby can resist a long drive in the car. Mission accomplished. And then, a few days later, thanks to a few suggestions on Facebook, I had dropped Knox's mattress to the floor (which lowered it another 8 inches or so) and he was imprisoned once again.
Winning! So Mr Knox is back to napping (well, most of the time), and continues to amaze me with his clothing adjustments while bored in his cell.

Mid month we ran away from the responsibilities of life (well, except for Mom, who NEVER escapes those responsibilities) to Park City for a few days of fun! We were joined by our Nanna, Gunka, Uncle Chad, Aunt Missy, Cousin Lincoln and Auntie Michelle. We stayed up late, read books, watched movies, ate lots of yummies and played UNO for hours!

We celebrated Valentines day while we were there. Even though a few of our valentines traditions couldn't happen, we did enjoy a couple of our usual fun activities, like decorating heart cookies.

And Nanna had brought a bag full of Valentines treats for each of the kids.

And Bry and I, for the first time in YEARS, went out for a valentines date that night! Dinner and Cold Stone with my favorite person (and with Chad and Missy!).

And while Tessa was happy to cuddle up with Gunka and watch movies all day (she was sick all weekend), the boys had a different plan.

They just wanted to ski. It was main reason we had escaped to the mountains. Sadly, there wasn't a whole lot of snow (and one day it was about 55 degrees!) but my boys didn't care, well at least the little ones didn't. Bry on the other hand would've loved some fresh powder.

We were staying in a ski in ski out condo, so they just walked out (not enough snow to ski out) to the resort ski runs. Pretty awesome. We spent all weekend trying to figure out how we could afford to buy a place like that (we can dream can't we).

Since I don't ski (I've been twice in my life) I don't usually get to see my kids ski. But with the run in our backyard I could go out and watch them come down. So great!

And catch a few pics of my darling ski bums! Cason looked so cute! He has skied the least amount of years, but can keep up with his brothers with no problem.

Brans loves to "get air" and says skiing is his favorite thing he does with his Dad.

Ty and the boys wish they could ski everyday.

Happy Boys!

After each day of skiing the hot tub was the perfect way to warm up. Besides the lack of fresh snow (and Tessa puking) it was the perfect weekend.

When we got back it was time to celebrate Brans' birthday. I asked Brans what kind of cake he wanted, and get this, he requested an "army guys in a forest" cake. uh. ok. Luckily I found some candy rocks at the local party store and a few army men in the toy basket downstairs, and wa la!

To celebrate we started out his birthday weekend by rounding up a few of his friends,

they enjoyed his cake,

and then spent the afternoon burning all that 9 year old energy at laser quest.

On his actual birthday we celebrated as a family. Thank you Amazon for making me the laziest wrapper ever. The box is hard enough to open, why add wrapping paper too?

A day later we celebrated with the whole Christensen family. Brans and his cousin Lincoln share a birthday so we sang to both of them!

And then a few days later we took Brans out for his birthday date. He chose Red Robin. Oh how I love this kid.

At the end of the month it was time for the scout Blue and Gold banquet. All the scouts were supposed to bring a cake they had decorated.

Brans wanted to recreate his birthday cake.

And Ty chose to make a sand castle cake (he even made the white chocolate sea shells). It was totally enjoyable to watch them. But a little hard to keep myself from helping. I told them that someday they may be the ones making cool cakes for their kids.

That night the boys enjoyed showing off and eating their cakes, and I enjoyed watching my cute husband run the show.

Now February is over and it's on to March. Usually that means I'm anxious to feel the startings of spring, but with no snow and plenty of sunshine all month, I'm thinking this may be the longest spring ever. No complaints here.
No comments:
Post a Comment