Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lacking Dramatics in the Hometowns

It's home town dates!  This is usually when you see the strange and sometimes bizarre side of the girls and their families, but this season was a bit different.  I attribute it to Ben's ability to sift through the crazies and keep the sweet normal girls.  To be honest, I didn't have much to mock for this post.  So sad.

First we find ourselves in Laguna, CA.  Amanda arrives in her weird black shirt that looks like its about to fall off (did JoJo borrow it from her for her first one on one back in Vegas?) and a pair of cut off shorts.  They sit on the beach and await the arrival of her daughters, Kinsley and Charlie.  I wanted to cry with her as she cuddled her pigtailed babies that she's missed so much.  Then there was awkward introductions (kids are so great at that) and after warming up to him there was some frolicking on the beach.  The crying baby on the way home from the beach was a perfect reality bit for this "reality" show.  Meeting mom and dad wasn't as easy.  They're quite skeptical that he's ready to jump into being a full time dad.   Mom wonders, "he would be a great dad but does he want to be an instant dad?"  As Amanda confides with Mom we see a very vulnerable and real Amanda, and I like her.  She may not be right for Ben, but she's a quality girl and I wish her the best (see, I'm saying goodbye already!)

Next is Portland Oregon, and Lauren is dressed in about 5 different layers, but still her tank top doesn't quite cover her bra.  It's an updated grunge look of red flannel and a black leather jacket.  She is a woman after my own heart and takes him out for an afternoon of food trucks!  Yay we're actually seeing these people eat.  After, she surprises him with a whiskey library.  Cool place.  Is there a mormon version of this?  Maybe a chocolate library.  Eat millions of different kinds of chocolate in a cozy romantic atmosphere.  oh yeah.  Then it's off to meet her fam.  It's a darling home, picture perfect little family and an 18 year old dog Tessa.  While Lauren's sister grills him with hard questions of what makes Lauren different from all the other girls he loves, I start to worry about how he's going to answer, he stumbles, can't think of anything, but saves himself by crying.  Who could resist such sensitivity!  Lauren opens up to her family more than we've seen before declaring that "Ben is "my person, I was meant to meet Ben".  This could be true!!  She longs to tell him how she feels, but regrets not having the guts to do it as he drives away to meet someone else's family.

In Hudson, OH we meet up with Caila and I am not digging her frumpy cable knit turtleneck and puffy jacket.  I used to love her constant smileyness and chipper attitude, but now I'm wondering if she's just trying too hard.   She shows Ben around the town, and ends up at her dad's toy factory in hard hats and goggles making plastic houses.  After the cheesy allusion to an old 80s show (totally the Officer and a Gentleman ending) they arrive at her parents home.  Her Filipino mother has a feast of chicken adobo and pancit, traditional Filipino food.  That's food I've actually eaten!  Bryan (he served a mission in the Philipines) has cooked it for me!  It's so yummy!! But before he got to take a bite of it, her mom grabs him for a heart to heart.  Later, while Caila talks to her mom we see the deeper side of Caila and how much she really loves Ben.  She's sure that he's the one.  And just like Lauren, we see her wishing she had told him she loved him as he drives off to see girl #4.

JoJo in Dallas Texas starts things off finding flowers and a love letter from her ex boyfriend on her front doorstep.  She was initially so excited, thinking it was from Ben, but then realizes it's from her cheating ex.  There's tears and a weird phone call before Ben arrives to a makeup streaked JoJo.  They bond over this "real" moment and then head over to meet her parents.  I actually wasn't expecting a family like she had.  Mafia like brothers, the gargantuan home, Mom's plastic surgery, all way more over the top than I saw JoJo being.   Mom and Dad were nice and supportive, but her brothers, well they scared me, I can't imagine how they must have made Ben feel!  So intimidating!!  Give poor sensitive Ben a break!  It ain't easy falling in love with 4 women all at the same time.

Rose ceremony - All girls brought their A-game when it came to their dresses.  JoJo looks slammin' in her hot red dress.  Amanda's pale lace number is super sexy without going over the top.  Caila in a modest black floral dress looks beautiful.  And Lauren's black off the shoulder dress was actually a little boring in comparison (I like her better in color).  And the roses go to Lauren, Caila and JoJo.  I called it before he said it.  Not too worried about Amanda's future.  She's darling and sweet and seems like a good mama.  It will happen for her, just not with Ben!  So which two girls do you think he tells that he loves them??

1 comment:

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.