Friday, March 21, 2008
Who's Missing Out?
There's lots of things mommies miss out on. Since becoming a mommy I have missed out on many great talks and lessons in church (but didn't miss out on the blessings of being there). I have missed out on hot dinners, cuz while it's warm I'm blowing on or cutting up someone elses food, filling up cups full of milk or grabbing dropped silverware or food. I've missed out on all the latest movies (maybe not ALL, we do get a date night every once in a while). I've missed out on fashion trends, races I would've liked to run, a spotless house, classes I'd like to have taken and lunch dates with friends. Mommies set aside lots of wishes and wants...BUT everyone else misses out on some things only mommies get! I've thought about this a lot this week as Cason has been smiling and cooing at me, in those sweet moments where it's just him and me. No one else gets the sticky hugs and kisses I do, hears the funny little things my kids say, or gets to experience their firsts the way a mommy does. I wouldn't trade any of my "misses" for the special things I get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it!! It is so true, and it is nice to be reminded of how truly blessed we are to be moms! :-) Thanks for the reminder of what's really important! :-) Happy Easter!
Post a Comment