Oh don't you just want to squeeze him! The pic has nothing to do with this post...but I thought I'd post a good side of mommyhood before the "ugh!" side.
So today, everything was going great, no big kinks, pleasant evening, dinner over, kids happily playing in the backyard, me cleaning up the cookies we just made, Cason happily batting at his toys...WHEN SUDDENLY ALL CHAOS BREAKS LOOSE! Ty has to go to the bathroom so he kicks off his muddy shoes and runs to go do his business (after asking me if he could just go #2 in the backyard! uh NO!). Now he's been a dream when it comes to potty training, no complaints there, but today he requested my help in the wiping dept. Well somehow #2 got ALL OVER the toilet, so I'm wiping him and wiping down the toilet, suddenly I hear Brans running through the house. "Brans are you muddy?!" "Yes!" "Please go back outside!" I peek around the corner (with dirty Clorox wipes in hand) to see very muddy footprints all through the living room, then I can see his exit route through the kitchen. Now in the following 5 minutes, Ty wants to go back outside in his underwear, Brans is half naked (his clothes were covered in mud) and bawling cuz he wants to get in the bath, he also can't find his penguin, I am scrubbing the carpet and Cason is tired of being ignored and vocalizing this loudly! Why don't things happen one at a time? This happens often, life is serene one second and absolute chaos the next (it's serene right now, everyone's in bed!)
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I have to tell you I read your post with a HUGE smile on my face. Remembering oh so well many times the Richmond house was like that. The girls are 16 months apart (so there were times when we had 2 in diapers) and we never lived in a traditional neighborhood so they were always somewhere outside playing with a horse, cow, dirt, or something.
Please, please, take these moments and treasure them and blog them (like you do) so you can re-read them and remember them with a smile on your face as I did when I read your blog. Trust me when I say "they really do grow up fast." Love to you all...........:)
haha Kristen I could totally imagine every moment of that. Naughty boys! I love them -Holly
Hey Kristen! It's Lisa Leonard Owens--remember me from Fresno North Stake days?? Well, I found you through blog-stalking, of course and was so excited to see your darling family--of BOYS!! How great (and a little ironic) coming from all girls :) I also have 3 boys (but started out with a girl as their big sis) and all I can say is "I hear ya sistah!" It's unreal the havoc that can occur when little boys do those boy things. (Things my daughter would never have dreamed of!) But it's pretty joyful too. Well, take care and check out our blog from time to time: lisaowens.blogspot.com
I love this Kristen...not at your expense...just the reality of it. Isn't it true that when it rains it poors?
Haha! I'm laughing so hard! Why does it always happen that way? Everything always seems to happen at once! I'm glad to see your life is "normal" and perfect too! Your kids are adorable and you haven't changed in years!:-) Still beautiful! I'm so glad you found my blog! I will check in on you from time to time! What a fun way to keep in touch!
Post a Comment