Friday, August 14, 2009

It's Just About Over... yet Just Beginning!

DSC_4327
** thanks Michelle for the idea! Perfect for celebrating the end of one season and the beginning of another**

Guess what I did today... besides making these yummy, sugar cookies? I took my Ty to meet his new teacher and check out his first classroom. It was a little surreal. There we all were, Cason in my arms, Brans holding my other hand and Ty hanging on to my shorts, wandering the halls of his new school... all of us feeling a little lost and little overwhelmed. The experienced parents scurried quickly to their childs' classroom with their excited (and some NOT so excited) kids running along beside them. I felt like the new kid. I didn't know how to do this. Was I really joining the team of parents with kids in school? After questioning the nice lady at the info desk, we headed to Ty's new classroom, where paperwork was filled out, sign up sheets were read and signed and pretty Ms L filled me in on how the first day would be. Ty LOVED the classroom... and so did Brans... hmmmm I think he's gonna be pretty bummed when it sinks in that he's not getting to go with Ty. We left, all of us feeling a little better about the next time we'd have to come... that day it'll be for real. I'm excited, nervous, sad, happy, all at the same time. Thank goodness Ms L sent Ty home with some magic dust to sprinkle under his pillow to help him sleep the night before... I think we're both going to need it.

3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

I can't believe you have one in school already! They are growing too fast.

Christine said...

Oh wow! That would be a little scary. Good thing I have a couple of years before that.

Phil and Holly said...

Oh how exciting!! Poor Brans. That is so funny that the teacher gave him magic dust. Good luck! Don't cry too much :)
-Holly