Well, the time is quickly approaching that I'll need to start looking for a place to live in UT. You see, after the hubby is done with his residency (in a little less than a year) we will be changing time zones and moving to the mountains in the west for a couple years. So this is where I need your help my dear friends. I am a California girl, born and raised. I did spend 5 glorious years living in utah, in Provo (go BYU!) and St George (go Dixie and Pineview!) but that is the extent of my utah experience. Where, do
you think, is the best area to live in Utah? Bry will be working in SLC, so it has to be commutable. Seriously, if I could call each one of you and ask you myself I would. I would love to know what areas you love, what areas you really dislike and why. Right now I'm leaning toward Heber and Midway, it's away from the clammer of city life, the cows would be my neighbors and the kids could play in the wilderness to their hearts content. Problem is the winter commute in. sigh. But that's a hint to what I'm looking for. PLEASE what do you think!?!?!?
**taken in Midway**
12 comments:
Kristen- My husband and I are IN LOVE WITH MIDWAY! We probably won't be moving there anytime soon but if we do find ourselves in Utah, that is where we will be. We visit Midway all the time and think it is wonderful, most especially in the summers. You can't go wrong living there! And I would love to come visit :)
So, I'm totally NOT the person to ask this (not saying you did ask me)- b/c I've never lived in UT and don't really ever plan to. BUT I have 2 brothers who live there and I've driven home from my brother's job in downtown SLC many times with him at rush hour and found the commute to be - well fast and easy. They live in West Jordan. And I have another one who lives in South Jordan. So...take it with a grain of salt b/c like I said, I'm the last person to ask this question. BUT I just thought I'd put it out there.
We LOVE where we are in Lehi and are quickly outgrowing our house and looking for a place to move but we want to stay right around the point of the mountain here. There are some fabulous new communities right off the Highland Highway with really large lots, but they are still in neighborhoods and not so much country living. BUT I've seen a lot of GREAT places in Highland and Alpine in older more established neighborhoods that have that kind of feel to them. I really like living in a neighborhood where my kids can ride their bikes around the block and have a ton of friends to play with. I have friends who live in SL county who don't feel comfortable letting their kids play outside without being right there with them, but where we are we totally do. So there are my two cents. Lehi is where I want to put down roots. That's how much we love it here. Good luck! That's so exciting!
Kristen,
I lived in SLC near the university of utah and i LOVED it! There are some old homes there that are so great and the community is great. Look in the LeGrand Ward boundaries. It was a great ward and I miss it!!!
I can totally see you guys in Heber City. It's out in the country, yet close to a SLC, Park City and Provo. My sis lives there in a way cute new development. they have a school, and park right in there neighborhood. If you want her number let me know. I'm sad you guys will be leaving, but happy for you!
I lived in Draper and loved it... Midway and Heber are gorgeous! That commute might be a big one though... Draper is just south of salt lake. Good luck!
I love the Heber/Midway area, but getting to SLC during winter could get yucky. West Jordan & Alpine are both pretty areas that aren't super crowded that are easy enough to SL. Good luck, I'm jealous!
If we would have stayed in Utah, we would have looked at the Daybreak community (where the new Oquirrah (sp) temple is). There is a ton of young families, everything is new, and lots of shopping/stores close by. I think it is considered South Jordan. The commute from Heber/Midway would not be too fun in the winter - especially if he is on call ever.
Well i love living in spanish fork but that is quite a commute for brian. midway and heber are totally awsome but the winters are crazy and the only way our is the canyons which could really suck. but either way you really cant go wrong lehi and alpine, highland are good places just over the point of the mountain and draper which i have never lived in these places but draper seams to be more smaller town good luck i think anyway you go you cant go wrong
I grew up in Sandy, about 5 min. from Little Cottonwood Canyon and loved it. The Daybreak/Herriman area (near the Oquirrah Mt. Temple) is growing and has lots of nice new parks. Lehi is also a great area. Not sure what you are planning to do as far as houses, but check out Perry Homes, they have some really beautiful homes. How exciting to be moving on to this stage in your lives! I'm jealous! :)
If we had gone there it would have been to Daybreak. We love, love, love it. The style of homes is reminiscient of Sugarhouse with front porches and yards. We would look for a house towards the bench out by the temple because you would have a gorgeous view of not only the temple, but the Wasatch mountains and there's nothing like seeing the sun rise over them- hence the name Daybreak! We love the east bench, but you can't get the full scope of the mountains and the view of the west side is not that pretty. the drive to them wouldn't be bad. Daybreak is adding cute community ammenities like a market, they have a "lake" for fishing and paddle boating,and they have an elementary right in the development. etc etc. You see where I stand! Check out their website. We love Heber/Midway too - great place for that weekend home (wink)! -christa
Brant and I live in Holladay right now, and it is SUPERB! Our ward is fantastic and we love it. We love sugarhouse too, but you'll want to watch more carefully which area you live in. Not a fan of Draper, and if you live in Salt Lake proper, you will not want to live west of 1300 east. It can get a bit scary! Let me know if you need help moving or looking for places, or advice ok?
Post a Comment