
Well we're up to our eyeballs in Christmasy goodness. We've gotten our tree, at our favorite little lot. Trips to the Christmas tree lot are VERY nostalgic for me. No, I don't have these warm fuzzy memories of bundling up and going with my family to pick out a tree as a kid. We lived at the lot... literally...well almost. My dad owned 4-6 lots (depending on the year) and me and my sisters were on the payroll. From Thanksgiving to Christmas we lived and breathed pine needles. I could tell you story after story about those fun, freezing, miserable, fabulous times... but to be honest, you just wouldn't understand, unless you did it too (Amy S I know you know what I'm talkin' about!)
Anyway, the smells and feelings were all at this cute little lot, where I was now taking my family. I smelled and stroked those gorgeous noble pines. The boys were engrossed in their hot cider... Ty wouldn't even stop drinking for a picture.

It took us a while to decorate. Sadly the hubby has been "residing" at the hospital, so a big family decorating event wasn't going to happen. And I think a part of me was really not looking forward to controlling the mass choas that would break out as soon as I took out the ornaments. So I decided I wouldn't try to control it. I just opened up the Christmas tree ornament box, sat on the couch and let the kiddos go at it. I'm over trying to keep things pretty and in their perfect spot.

I think they did a pretty darn good job at decorating. The bottom half of the tree looked great!

Of course after a few days of this little monkey taking off ornaments and me putting them up on the top of the tree, now the top half of the tree looks great.

Besides decorating trees, we've decorated the house, cut out snowflakes, made a countdown chain, watched all the Christmas specials, made lots of hot chocolate and made my favorite christmas treat... mint covered Oreos. The boys were very helpful with this. I'm diggin' Ty's bed head in this pic. ROckin' huh!


Why are dirty faces oh so cute! A chocolate mint covered Cason...mmm tasty!
3 comments:
You mean you MADE those Oreos?! I was just thinking that I needed to buy some more... like a whole box more. Guess it won't be that easy =)
You won an award on my blog. Head on over to check it out.
I DO know what you're talking about! I think that was probably the coldest I have ever been in my life, but we had some good times at the Christmas tree lots :>) Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment