
...it was also full of those white styrofoam peanuts. When the snowy mess began, I controlled my desire for cleanliness, thought of a friends blog post about letting her kids play in them (and how cool I thought she was for doing it), and let them go at it...

...plus I was busy making gingerbread for some gingerbread houses and this kept them out of my way while I did it.


They made snow angels in them, piled them up and jumped in them and threw them up in the air... they were EVERYWHERE. I wasn't quite so carefree when it came to cleaning it all up. It took us about an hour. Not sure if I'll be that cool again.

And wa la! My first gingerbread houses, from scratch! Usually I'm the graham cracker type. I don't like gingerbread and neither do my kids... but I wanted to try it! All the candy and frosting came from Nanna! THanks Nanna! They LOVED decorating them and eating them.

That night I could hear the boys giggling in their room. I knew they were up to something (pretty sure the sugar had them wired). So before I went to bed I went to check on them. This is what I found. I guess it's their own form of bunkbeds! LOL! They slept like this (on top of and under the wingback chair and ottoman) all night. Funny boys.
2 comments:
What a mess! You are a cool mom for letting them do that. The gingerbread houses turned out cool. Love the bunk beds too!
I'm sure the clean up wasn't fun, but they WILL remember this and you ARE a cool mom! Your family is just too cute.
Post a Comment