
Raspberry buttercream cupcakes, cinnamon and asiago cheese bagels, and white chicken chile and cornbread. Yes, I made my own bagels and they were SO YUMMY! I don't think I'll buy bagels again! Here's where I found the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bread-Machine-Bagels/Detail.aspx

Ice storms are so different than snow storms. This morning when we woke up, it was a wintery wonderland, but there were no powdery snowballs to throw. Everything was frozen solid. Including the backdoor. It took me about 10 minutes of jiggling and pulling to get it to open. Frozen shut. Once we got it open the boys and I hurried outside. The boys ran as fast as they could to the icycles, but I went to check out the ice-incased plants. I think it's absolutely gorgeous! Though, I may not enjoy it so much if a big branch got so heavy that it broke off and fell on my house or car... it happens a lot.

It also coats all the power lines and things so lots of people are without heat and power right now. Thankfully, we're okay, so we're still enjoying the storm.

Icycles are the first thing to be destroyed. I don't think you could find a single one left in our backyard. I'm just glad no one lost an eye.


If you look close at the steering wheel it is completely covered in ice. I guess if we had to go anywhere we could take the Arctic Cat :)

Icycles are sure yummy. And notice Cason's feet, you don't sink in this snow, you just skate along on top of the ice. The boys discovered that if you stomped and jumped hard enough you could crack it.


Some of the backyard toys were totally covered or totally stuck in the ice. Poor Cason pushed and pushed this lawnmower. Didn't move an inch. After we were frozen we headed in doors for some hot chocolate. Now what should I bake today?
4 comments:
Wow-- I've never seen what an ice storm can do. Thanks for sharing! Cool pictures too!
So Cool! I love when you document this stuff and share it with us. And those bagels look divine, I want to make them now.
-Holly
So cool. Snow storms remind me of you guys!
So fun! Guess what??!! I didn't get to read this the other day...but I make White Chicken Chili for dinner tonight! :) Great minds think alike!!
Post a Comment