I may not have time to blog about my children, but of course I have time for a few words about our Bachelor... HA! Were you all as excited as I to find out the details of the most dramatic rose ceremony EVER... it was hard to get through the rest of the episode when a scandal was looming. But I did, and oh the fun.
At the beginning Chris makes his announcement that there will be two group dates, a one on one date, and some ladies will get no date at all. The first date card is left, names announced and their clue, "A picture is a worth a 1000 words" Christina squeals with excitement "this is going to be the best first date ever with my future husband" Really? I don't consider a date with 5 other girls to be that fantastic. So off they go, in there stretch Hummer limo, the ladies and the Bachelor all flaunting their cleavage, to a hotel to do a photoshoot done by Hal, apparently a "friend of mine"(as friendly Jake put it) from InStyle.
Rozlyn and Gia were totally in their world (both of them are models), while Christina had camera fright. Poor girl was about to burst into tears through the whole thing. After the photoshoot there was some drinking out by the pool time (not a good thing for Christina who began drinking her frustrations away). Jake was off having a heart to heart with Gia until Ashley prances in with her bikini on... but the girls fought bikini with more bikinis. Do any of these girls know how to marry a man? Sloppy drinking and flaunting the fake, ugh, that just doesn't get a guy long term. Then Roz uses her "strategy" which is to be desperately forward... parading around her perkiness and planting a kiss on him...and oh it worked... got herself the rose.
Back at the ladies house the awaited one on one date card arrives. Ali gets the first alone date. Yeah! At least Jake is thinkin' along the same lines. Ali is so cute. Very sincere. Jake comes to pick her and her diamonds up and they're off, him in his jeans and leather jacket and her in her yellow satin. Does she get a limo... nope... a motorcylce (bet she wast rethinking the strapless mini... he'd be fine in a crash... she'd be skinless) And seriously I'd be ticked if I had gotten all ready and had to put a helmet on. Poor thing ended up with her hair thrown into a messy clip the rest of the night. Very considerate ABC. But I did love her date. How fun to go up in a little plane. I bet ABC is pretty happy that they don't have to pay a piolet for all their "wings of love" moments (oh how many times are we going to hear that song this season?) Then they're off in that sweeeeet old car! Top down of course... REALLY hope she didn't care how her hair looked. Over a romantic dinner with light causal conversation he gives her the rose. Yeah! More Ali! And then he goes in for the kiss. This kiss was WAAAAAAY better than the kiss with Roz. Sweetness, tenderness, more from the heart, than from other places. Then what do we hear? A blast from my church stake dancin' past... it's Chicago, their own private concert. Did anyone else get flashbacks from his date with Jillian last season. It was a date like this that clenched it for Jake. Maybe it did the same for him this time. I hope so. Ali! Ali! Ali!
Back at the mansion, the next group date card arrives. Lots of squeeling and then a move I'm sure ABC knew would bring drama, Michelle doesn't get a date!! And the CRAZINESS begins (what am I saying, it was there from the beginning with her). "Jake doesn't want me!" she declares and up stairs she goes to start packing.
Group date #2 at 6 Flags... It's been reserved JUST FOR THEM! I want to be the only one in 6 Flags. So fun! So they're fighting over who gets to sit with Jake on the rides, looking for scary moments where they have to grab his hand for support and hopefully getting a funnel cake there (I didn't see this but their funnel cakes are the best! Hope they didn't miss out!) Then Elizabeth pulls him over for some one on one time and wants to pour her "naked" heart to him (from a prewritten note). A big surprise is dropped by Elizabeth... no kissing unless she's the only one he wants... guess their overnight date will be different than the rest. Jake seems to take it as a sign that she's a good old fashioned girl with morals. She's not the only one with things to tell him. Next is Vienna (awful name... it reminds me of sausage) ready to tell him HER secret, she eloped when she was 18 to a stranger. Confirmed... she's looney. Elizabeth's secret won out and she got the rose. The other ladies were wisked off to their limo leaving Elizabeth to play temptress... this hard to get strategy just may work for her. He wanted to kiss her so bad that I thought he was going to start making out with her forehead.
Finally, onto the rose ceremony. It was Ellas 50th birthday and thank goodness ABC provided the cupcake so Jake had something to give her. Jake did lots of talking with the girls and then Chris came in for Roz... I KNEW IT! It's her! The scandal! He tells her he knows about the inapropriate relationship she had with a staffer. "I don't think my personal life is anybody's business" she says back. Actually Roz, you signed on for making your personal business all of our business. "I don't think it was decieptful" she declares... hookin' up with someone else while you're supposed to be dating Jake. Hmmm. Though technically he's doing the same thing I guess. What a double standard! HA! But it was goodbye Roz... without another word from her. Then Chris and Jake went to tell the other ladies and for some reasons there were tears from the girls.... maybe they were tears of joy that their competition has been lessened.
Well the rose ceremony must go on! Ew, Vienna gets a rose. Gia, you and your gorgeous lips got a rose. Tenley, my husband is cheering for you. You're a sweetie, a good match with Jake. and on and on it goes, Ella, Velicia, Kori, Jessie, Ashley H, Katherine and even crazy Michelle got a rose.
So it's goodbye to Ashley, "I don't know if he was concerned that I wasn't here for the right reasons".... NO, he just didn't like you. And goodbye Christina, who bursts into tears as the girls are giggling in the background. My cute hubs noticed the lack of the guitar goodbye serenade.
Does anybody else think there is more to this SCANDAL story? I'd bet money on it. Bryan and I joke that ABC paid this staffer to spice up the show with the inapropriate relationship... since ol' Jake isn't exactly a scene stealer. Who knows!
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love your comments. We notice so much of the same things! I loved Christina's comment after Roz steals Jake away...."We need a shot". Really, is that what you need??? I felt the same way about the staffer, did he get paid to seduce her???? She probably would have gone with anyone!!! Donnie thought she looked like she was 40 though! So funny about Ella's bday! And why is he keeping Michelle, she has split personalities! I couldn't believe how she changed once Jake walked into the room! I wish he would send Vienna home, we call her big face in our house. Maybe one day we can watch it together and laugh!!! :)
Kristen...you crack me up. i always have to wait to read your blog because i usually DVR bachelor and watch it the next day. I watched it today and was just in aww of how these girls are. Vienna is 23 and all she talks about is, i have waited for a guy like this my whole life. You are 23! seriouslly...you didn't wait that long!
I am rooting for Ali. I also like Tenley...the other girls...nah I dont like them. And Michelle is one big pot of crazy.
they still say there is a lesbian scandal. they did make it known that is was a guy staffer ebcasue i kept thinkg that Roz was the one that had the lesbian relationship but it wasn't.
i love reading your comments! this show is so addicting and it keeps getting crazier each season! i knew it would be roz too, she's just TOO fake. my husband is cheering for ali and so am i. anyway, it's going to be an interesting season!!
Love your recaps, and Ali is MOST definitely my favorite too!
Tenley pregnancy spoiler, anyone?
Post a Comment