Spring is Officially Here: But not really. We had a blizzard yesterday. This morning I let the boys head out to play in the snow. I think that falls into the good Sabbath activities category... we're appreciating God's creations as a family. And though the snow has been a bit annoying (I'm ready for some flowers and green grass), I was able to stop and realize it will probably (PLEASE) be our last snow of the season, so I should celebrate it. We had our last cup of hot chocolate and I just smiled at the pile of wet clothes lying at the door. Now on to spring... I hope.





LOL, this one just makes me laughThought from church: Relief Society was so enjoyable today. We had a lesson on Adam and Eve and the Fall. Our darling teacher asked us what we could learn from Adam and Eve and a wonderful discussion began. Part of the discussion was on the sometimes misunderstood role of women in our church. Many see the right of giving the Priesthood to men, and not to women, as being sexist. But what many of those same people don't understand, or see, is that ability to bare children and nuture is just as "important" to God's plan. And a thought popped into my head concerning one of Satan's tactics, he always belittles the divine. Motherhood is divine. But if Satan can convince us that it is a less "important" job, that we could be doing more "important" things outside of our homes, then he has succeeded. I am so happy to be a mom. (He also belittles marriage, modesty, fidelity, chastity, oh the list could go on and on!)
Sunday Dinner: I've always struggled with this one. I really love to cook, and I was raised on fabulous Sunday dinners (that my DAD cooked) so the thought of a great dinner after church is appealing BUT I also have really tried to concentrate on the whole day-of-rest aspect of Sunday... which means I try to keep from doing loads of laundry, scrubbing things, vaccuuming (though with my house up for sale, this may have to change a little bit) AND making big dinners. So for a while I would throw these little meals together after church. Not so satisfying. We'd all come home starving and would snack while I quickly whipped something up and then we'd nibble and it was over.
But I've come up with a better solution! And don't laugh, cuz I'm sure so many of you have already realized this... THE CROCK POT! I use my crock pot often enough, but not so much for Sundays. The last couple Sundays I have pulled it out, thrown a few things in it and left, and I LOVE COMING HOME TO A HOT MEAL THAT SMELLS FABULOUS! We sit down right away and gobble. Love it. Last week was Taco Soup and today was BBQ chicken sandwiches (on bread that was warm out of the bread maker!) So now I ask you, do you have any crock pot must-have recipes? PLEASE pass them along. It must be easy (remember, day-of-rest thing) and lacking in the processed cream ofs (cream of chicken, mushroom, etc...). THANKS!
Tried a FABULOUS chocolate cake recipe: see since I wasn't sweating over a stove all evening after church, the boys and I had time to throw together a yummy chocolate cake together. DELISH! It's a combo of two recipes:
Hershey's Black Magic Cake
Dark Fudge Frosting
Frosting


Hope you all had a happy Sabbath!
PS I find out if this little tadpole in my tummy is a BOY or a GIRL this week... whoo hoo!
3 comments:
You take the best pictures of your kids! I wish I could eat some of that chocolate cake right now:)
I need to send you some yummy crockpot recipes. My older sis passed them on to me and they are great for Sundays!
Church thought was nicely put. It is a responsibility that we should honor to bare children and to administer the priesthood. It is in no way sexist, I don't see why anyone covets the responsibility of of the opposite sex, I have no desire to bare children, and I bet few women would trade for my priesthood responsibilities.
Phil
Post a Comment