Monday night TV is redeemed again! The Bachelorette is back! I'll admit, I'm not a huge Ali fan... I used to be, but after all the whining she did during the Bachelor she started to lose her sparkle. But of course, I can't miss a chance at watching such fun drama unfold. So, I curled up in bed with my bag of Reisins chocolates and tuned into the first episode (which is usually the most boring episode). It began with Ali, frolicking in the ocean (dorky), and reviewing how she got here... meaning we had to listen to her whine about her job vs Jake again.
Then I missed a part of the show because of a stinkin' weather report. Mr Weatherman, I'll just listen for the tornado siren, okay, get back to my show.
When it finally went back to our programing they had begun an intro of some of the dudes:
Frank - Chicago used to have some super money making job, but left it (and his apartment to live with mom and dad) to pursue his passion as a screen writer... hmmmm... couldn't you pursue that on the side WHILE making millions? And why does he know who Allie is? Do single men out there watch this show? I thought the only men watching were our hubbies, who pretend they're not watching it.
Jay - lawyer, looks 45
Craig M - has a strong Canadian accent, screams "player", uses a lot of hair product
Kyle - the lone mountain man, he "needs a woman", needs someone to go ice fishin' with, big hunter, has a room full of dead animals, pretty sure he's planning on hitting Ali over the head with a club and draggin' her back to his cave
Justin - "Mr Rated R" a professional wrestler, raised by his mom and grandma, he's cute, has a broken ankle... that should get him a sympathy rose
Phil - investment manager, tragic loss of his brother has put his priorities in order
Jonathon - the weatherman, thinks he's funny, I think he's hyper
Ty - cute Tennessee accent, a dog man, good southern guitar playin', divorcee, he seems sweet
Chris L - was a high school math teacher, but his mom got sick so he came home to be near her, family is very important to him, mom past away a few months ago, ooooh I really like him, good smile, seems really genuine
I always wonder how they choose who's intro we'll get to see... cuz the rest of the guys just get a quick snippet of their name, leading into seeing our sweet Chris Harrison sitting down with Ali (who is wearing too much makeup and needs a haircut) and talks about how much she wants to be in love. Not a huge fan of her long shapeless black dress. She should stick to a fun yellow.
Limos start showing up and she floundered through most of the intros.... they were mostly weird and awkward... people jumping out of the moon roofs of the limo, pretend fishing, really loud rainbow ties, cheesy lines, a fake wedding proposal, paper roses, and her dress kept falling off her shoulder (someone give her some tape!).
Then into the house she went for the 8 hour cocktail party where she has some time to talk with the guys, one guy (Kirk) made a scrapbook for her, Kasey is VERY concerned with protecting Allie's heart (wondering if he has a hearing disability because of his voice), Hunter had a song to sing for her (this show just wouldn't feel right if someone didn't sing a song), Shooter told her (and the rest of the world) a TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE story about his name, and Roberto taught her to salsa dance (which won him the 1st impression rose).
Of course there had to be a twist, so in comes a box, there's to be a vote, who the guys think is there for the wrong reasons. There was an overwhelming vote for Mr Rated R, but I don't think they're right. I think he's a doll... just with a weird job. And apparently Ali thought so too, so she ignored the vote and gave him a rose right then and there.
Who else got a rose: Jesse, Ty (our cute southern boy), Craig R, Tyler B, Frank, Steve, Chris L (I like him, he's my fav so far), Kirk (the scrapbooker), John C, Chris N, Chris H, Hunter, Craig M (with the poofiest hair ever! He's a moron and will definitely be the drama king), Jonathon (the hyper weatherman) and Kasey.
Overall a boring episode, but by the looks of the previews it'll be picking it up from here! Did you have a favorite? What'd you think of Ali as the Bachelorette?
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So I did some spoiler reading....and I won't tell you what I know but I do know this.....one of the guys you like is not so nice!!!
I love these shows because you never know (unless you read the spoilers, and I have found them often to be right) who is naughty and who is nice.
I will tell you this....I like Chris L too and I think he is a genuinely nice guy!
i think they showed too many scenes from the finale. You know that hunter and rated-r make it far to the end. i liked the guy that sounded like he was hard of hearing.
I couldn't wait to see what you had to say about everything! I like the weatherman. I thought he was nice! I also like Chris L. I am really not to crazy about Justin, I think he is hiding something...Hunter was funny, but a little too much!
I felt EXACTLY the same way about Ali being the bachelorette. And that dress...did you notice the big "gift looking" bow on her bum? So ugly!
I'm right there with you, not a big Ali fan. For me the first episode had some comedy.. Didn't you just crack up when (whats his name??), stepped out of the limo talking about how she wore cowboy boots her first episode, and she was like "that wasn't me"!! LOL Most all of the guys were goofy!
Post a Comment