Okay, first off I must say I am so grateful for Hulu! Do you know about this site? You can watch shows that you miss on it. Somehow (maybe it's because I'm still living in between houses, stressed about a million other things) I didn't get the Bachelorette taped and was devastated when I looked down at my car clock and realized I had missed it! But then a ray of hope... I had heard people mention Hulu. I came home and checked it out, and yes, the next morning I would be able to watch my show online! Isn't modern technology great.
So early this morning I was whisked off to Lisbon, Portugal where Chris Harrison announces there will be 4 dates this week (so only one date will be shared) and there will be no roses to worry about... until the end. The first date is for our smooth man, Roberto. Kirk, in his purple flannel isn't worried because he's sure he is more compatible with Ali. But Frank looks ticked and fumes while sucking on his juice box. Ali arrives in a green tank top and a sparkly mini skirt... is she going clubbing with him? At least it's a whole lot warmer here, maybe she's just making up for covering up so much in the last few episodes.
So she and Roberto are off to explore. She feels she needs to see his goofy side and so she whips out her camera for some CRRRAZY picture taking time. Following this there's some slow dancing and kissing in the very crowded street. Then they're off to castle #1 where they have a picnic and watch the sun set. Oh it was totally romantic. I think she could've imagined having feelings for even crazy Kasey in a gorgeous setting like this. There was lots of kissing and talking about how wonderful the other person is. They're totally into each other. But do we really know anything about this guy? He's still kind of a mystery.
The two on one date with Frank and Ty starts off in, yet again, a helicopter of love... not so romantic anymore, especially when you're holding one of Ali's hands and your competition is holding the other hand. Weird. And I'm actually diggin' her outfit. She is easily the most informal Bachelorette we've ever had in her yellow tank top, flip flops and white pajama pants... okay, actually I think they're linen but still, she is the queen of jeans and a baggy t-shirt this season. Anyway, the helicopter lands by castle #2 and apparently they wander the grounds awkwardly together for hours, with nothing interesting said or done, because suddenly it's dark and they're heading in for an "intimate" dinner, just the three of them. Right. So to lessen the weirdness, Ali takes them one at a time out to talk. She and Ty discuss, again, his divorce and traditional ways. Franks time consisted of his confession that he still lives at home with his parents. "It's transitional" and Ali understands and doesn't care, or at least she pretends to be okay with it and comforts him with some kisses. I think she's just glad that if she moved in with him/them she wouldn't have to cook. I can tell her feelings are strong for Frank, but she has some fears about him. Though I'm not sure what they are. Has she seen the previews?
Next, on to Kirk and their Once Upon A Time date. She's in another mini skirt and he's in another flannel. They have lunch and then they're off on a horse drawn carriage, while Kirk babbles on and on about how into her she is, Ali just smiles but we know she is quite preoccupied with thoughts of other things... possibly other guys. Poor Kirk, I don't think you'll be the one getting the rose. Maybe things will change over a romantic dinner. Apparently they did a wardrobe change in some castle bathroom somewhere cuz they show up for dinner looking so nice. Lovin' Ali's white suit coat and hair up! Dinner went better, ending with a serenade and some kissing, but I'm still pretty sure he's the one to go home.
Now our date, I mean Ali's date, with Chris, "I'm really digging him as a friend" she starts off saying... OH NO! Don't "friend" him Ali!!! They start off on a scooter, which Chris had never driven before (or anything resembling it). He drove it like I would, all super cautious and wobbly, with a line of cars behind him. "I can't be the dude that kills the Bachelorette" he explains, in his oh so funny and charming way. When Ali took her turn to drive she totally takes off. She's wanting the same thing to happen in their relationship, kick it up a notch. "I can feel Chris' walls coming down, but I just don't know if it's a little too late" Oh Ali, just hang on!!! They wind up at a winery where they sit down to eat and talk (and I couldn't help but stare at his helmet hair sticking up in the back) and Chris surprises her with a present, a bracelet that he had a friend make before coming on the show. Props to him for not being one of the cheesey guys who hands the Bachelorette something sentimental at the beginning of the show. He wanted to wait and make sure there was something special between them. I think it may have just saved him! Good move Chris!
Onto the rose ceremony, Ali is lookin' so cute in her colorful stripey tunic dress and actually well done hair. I noticed that there wasn't a cocktail party again, maybe she's had enough of the weirdness of all the guys competing for her at once. And the roses go to Chris, Frank, Roberto and Kirk (whoa! Really?). Sorry Ty. Pretty sure the whole, traditional wife thing, is what did you in. They walk out, in the rain, to say goodbye. Not sure why they couldn't have said goodbye where it was drier. And on a good hair day for her too. After the limo drives away she stays out in the rain, looking pathetic, that big bottom lip pouting, getting soaked. Did the producers tell her to stay out there?
Confession: I couldn't watch the Jake and Vienna update. They're both so annoying. I couldn't waste minutes of my life listening to them whine about their relationship, a relationship that we ALL knew wouldn't work from the beginning. But I did fast forward to see the preview for next week. I just love the "meeting the family" episodes. Hopefully I'll have a TV all hooked up in our new house by then. Okay, and the sneak peek of what happens with Frank! I'm guessing he had to figure out his feelings for the girl (ex-girlfriend?) that answers the mystery door. And that he chooses her over Ali. Oh awful! As much as I like Chris, I'm wondering if she'll end up with anyone at the end of this whole thing. So what do you think about who's left? Didn't you just love Ali's rose ceremony dress? Did I miss anything worth while between Jake and Vienna? Do you think Ali will end up with someone at the end?
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I don't think she will end up with anyone. She's so into Frank, although I honestly am NOT seeing why?? I just don't like him that much - he bugs me. Anyway, I think getting rid of Ty was her big mistake. Roberto - not really long term - she's too into sabotaging it because she thinks he's too nice (plus his dad's taxidermy from the next episode looked like a "crash and burn"). Kirk - possibly. Chris - love him - he's super funny and sweet but I don't see them together long-term either. ??? Plus, the closer to the end we get the more her trust/abandonment issues keep surfacing. Not sure how this will end. And you did NOT miss anything from Jake/Vienna. I did lose some respect for him, though. He did NOT treat her very nicely. Yes, she's young and needy -- but he knew that when he picked her over stable, calm, and traditional Tenley. What'd he expect. Oh well.
I've been out of the loop since our move! Yikes, so much to catch up on, you've moved and everything! Where are you now? This season is kind of boring, probably cause I've always thought Ali is a little boring, but I feel bad for her about Justin and Frank, which clearly was the one she was going to choose. I love Roberto, and Chris is a close second, but I don't think she'll recover from losing Frank. Not sure what she sees in him, but hey, attraction is attraction. Jake and Vienna....wow, I thought their lust would carry them over a little longer than 6 months, but last nights interview with them was lame. I was thoroughly annoyed at how she interrupted Jake EVERY SINGLE TIME HE STARTED TO TALK. He could not get a word in edgewise. Drove me nuts. They like, hate each other's guts. So sad. I don't know what to believe anymore, but they were both really immature. I knew Vienna was immature, but I thought Jake was a better person than what he showed on TV last night, in the few times he was able to speak. So childish. Well, glad to be back commenting on your blog again!
Oh Kristen! HOW have I missed your updates. I love it! I TOTALLY agree with you on all accounts. Glad someone else thinks she has had a lot of bad hair extension days. I do love her casual-ness though. I love Roberto and Chris. Chris is the most genuine and they are REALLY playing him down and her talk about "too little too late" up, so that may = last man standing. Frank is plain creepy and he cries too much. I don't think he is too far from a tatoo on his wrist. And please the drama of his ex, he is going to be the most hated ever. Sad for Ali. I think she let some good ones go to keep him and Rated R.
All in all, I just love it. The only thing that could make me love it more is if Ali would get rid of the whole pouty look up at the guys puppy face. Love it love it love it! Wish you were closer to have a finale party!
You look great! We love you guys! Where are you now?
I love reading your commentary and recaps of this oh so addicting show! I really like how Ali is not prissy and seems really down to earth, although I agree her hair never really looks great. I think that if her hometown goes well with Chris, I think he could be the one! They are from the same area and he's close to his family so I think that helps. But I do really like Roberto, too! I liked Frank but he seems to becoming more and more weird each episode..especially with the previews!
And yeah you didn't miss anything with Jake and Vienna. She is the same spoiled brat and immature girl that we all saw, and was really rude. Poor Jake couldn't get in a word, but I never really liked him anyway.
Hope everything is great out in Utah!
I just have to say congrates to your husband I am so bappy for you guys!!! You have the cutest family!! We need to get together and see each other we are both in Utah!!!
Post a Comment