Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Bachelor: Women Tell off Michelle

I can blame last nights snow storm for my bad parenting today. "Kids sit and watch Incredibles while Mommy stares at the crazy girls on the computer" Thank goodness for Hulu (where you can watch the shows you miss) or I may have had my husband up on the roof during the storm, dusting off the darn satellite.

I'm also glad that it was just the annoying "Women Whine" show. Much easier to wait to see. Heck, half of the show was just annoying reviews. The rest was mostly crying, whining and new hairstyles. Props to whoever styled Chris Harrison's hair. His usual stiff Ken doll hair was replaced by a fun messy look. And what did you think of Ashley's new do? Personally I liked it... oh wait, maybe that's because it looks like my own long, dark with bangs hairstyle. The rest of the girls looked and acted pretty much the same. But before we could get to the "good" stuff we had to endure a WAY too long, annoying commercial for next seasons Bachelor Pad. One word.... gross. Tacky. Okay that was two words. Won't be watching. It actually ticks me off when they do that show, cuz that means it will be even LONGER til the next Bachelor season. So annoying.

Finally we get to the actual show. There was the normal (or maybe I should say "normal for Bachelor") mud slinging and tears. But what wasn't normal was Michelle's reaction to it all. The girls couldn't believe how different Michelle was behind the scenes verses in front of the camera. Did that surprise any of you? Really truly, I think she went on the Bachelor to promote herself, to show the world what an amazing actress she was. So to the girls in the house, I'm sure she was more of her true self... doing there hair, giggling about girl stuff... but when the cameras showed up, her alter ego had to too. And it was the same tonight. The tears, the regret... all for the camera. Do you agree or do you think that was genuine? And what was up with her outfit? Everyone was there in their fancy duds and Michelle arrives in a white with silver hearts tank top, a grandma knitted orange sweater skirt and chunky turquoise necklace. All probably cute on their own... but together... that did scream Crazy Lady!

Annoyingly, Chris moves us away from the Michelle drama onto the even more annoying feud between Melissa and Raichel. Who cares. It happened on like the 2nd episode. It was annoying then. It's annoying now. Couldn't we have avoided listening to this catfight and instead heard my girl Shawtel talk about embalming instead (why didn't we ever get to hear from her? I guess she just didn't have anything annoying enough to talk about). Lame girls.

Maybe the producers then realized the real TV fun was when we were focused back on Michelle, so they put her in the "hot seat". While she auditioned for her next part, half the girls attacked her mothering and forwardness while the other half defended her sweetness and alter ego sarcasm. I have to give it to her, the ugly cry was pretty convincing. Megan I must agree with you, "Monday nights would not have been the same without [Michelle]" Mostly I just thought about how annoying Jackie was.

Next were the Ashley twins, with their matching wrist rose tattoos. Both with longer locks. Both ready to move on to bigger and better things (like Season 3 of the Bachelor Pad?)

Afterward Chris invites Brad out to greet the gals. He's over flowing with happiness. He's so sure about his final choice that he's not even considering coming back for a 3rd Bachelor season... now that's love. And then my favorite (well actually only good part) of the annoying "Tell All" show, the bloopers. Wouldn't this show be so much better if it was just 2 hours of Bachelor takeouts? I loved getting a glimpse at Brad's personality (I'm now convinced he actually HAS one!) Why have they been editing things to make him look like such a stiff dork?

Well, glad that annoying show is over. Let's get to the good stuff, like Chantal's peacock feathered final rose dress or naked people wandering the beaches of Africa. Can't wait for next weeks FINAL episode! In the meantime, I'm curious...1) Did you like Dr. Ashley's new do? 2) Did you think Michelle's tears were legit? and 3) Will a wedding actually come as a result of next weeks decision? Talk to me.

7 comments:

Larsen Family said...

1...i really like ashley's new do! makes her look younger. 2. i thought michelle was full of bull. like the other chick said, "im not buyin it!"
3. yes... i think a wedding will result. he seemed so happy. it seemed like he couldn't stop smiling and was just so happy. i am glad for him

Rylee & Kimball Hannan said...

1. I love Ashley's new hair but I hated the Red lip stick. I know you didn't ask that but I had to comment.
2. I thought Michelle was really crying but for the reasons she said no! I think she was trying to make herself look better by being the one they attack now!
3. If its Emily he picks then YES there better be!

M and M Madsen said...

1. Like the hair- a lot.
2. Michelle - I felt really bad for her. I do NOT like that women leave their children to go on this show, but I also REALLY don't like when someone who is not a mother, questions a mother's choices (that was a looong sentence.)
3. So sad that he picks the one he does, that I don't care. Lame.

Heather B said...

1. I need to get used to Ashley's hair. I think I would have liked it better without bangs- even though I love side swept bangs and wear them myself.

2. I think Michelle was genuine! I was so surprised to feel myself feeling this way. Having several girls in the house back her up and stand up for her kinda made me think that way. And I liked Chris H.'s comment about the more sarcasm, etc, the more insecurity and vulnerability. That is so true. I didn't like her outfit either.

3. I think there will be a wedding!! I'm so happy that HE's so happy.

LOVED the bloopers too! No kidding about Brad's personality! Who knew?

Christine said...

I missed the first half of the episode but,
1. I LOVED Ashley's hair! I didn't even recognize her at first. She looks totally different.
2. At first I thought Michelle was acting but then I heard what one of the girls said (I don't even remember half of their names) and I thought that was pretty low. So, maybe she was upset but I think she took it a little too far. Who knows. Then, when the other ladies stood up for Michelle I was suprised and thought maybe I had her all wrong to begin with. I blame the editors of the show.
3. I think if he chooses Emily there will be a wedding and my guess is that he did pick Emily. I can't wait to watch it!! I'll be on vacation next week with my in-laws and I'm not so sure I want to watch the finale with my father-in-law so I may wait to watch it...maybe not. :)
Anyway, I love your recaps! Hope you're doing well!

Hillary said...

1. on the fence about the hair, no likie the red-lipstick and cateye makeup with it.... too much.

2. Michelle is a good friend of mine from high school and I think she was genuine. She is the most sarcastic person i know and despite her mistakes I am fairly certain the tears were real. However I do think she wanted exposure by going on the show... but is there anyone who signs up for the show who doesn't? Hello, almost everyone who goes on just wants to be on TV and hopefully being the last one standing would just be a bonus. :)

3. He seemed really happy so I think there are good chances for a bachelor wedding.

P.S. I am SOOOOOOOOO with you on the outtakes and actually showing that he has a personality and a sense of humor. It made me like him more.

Hope you guys are good!!! Miss ya!
xoxoxo

Ashley Higley said...

Once again, what a great re-cap Kristen! :) Loved it and laughed as usual!
1. I'm more a fan of Dr.Ashley's shorter lighter locks. I think for her, it's a more youthful vibrant look than the darker new do.
2. Michelle's tears were ridiculous. She had no qualms about saying those things into the camera, knowing that they would reappear, so why cry over it now? I think she needs to own the fact that she was out for fame and to claw out the eyes of the other chicks "trying to take her man!" ;) She wares me out. And as for her mothering skills... wow. I won't even get into that argument.
3. I'm a bit skeptical about a wedding. One minute I think Brad was too happy to not be in love, but I fear that his commitment issues will rise to the top again, even after a proposal. As much as I adore sweet Emily, I don't see his burning passion for her, but I'm not certain that he and Chantal are "meant to be" although they could make it work. Sigh... I guess we'll see tomorrow!! Can't wait for your comentary!!