Friday, March 4, 2011

My Little Superhero

I've been waiting for the snow to melt to do a little birthday shoot for Mr Brans. I wasn't sure how it would go with him, he's either begging for me to take his picture or absolutely refusing to look at my camera (let alone smile for me). But when the sun came out he was happy to be the center of attention for the afternoon.

DSC_9054

I think he was excited for the shoot as soon as I told him it would involve lots of apples... his absolute FAVORITE snack. Seriously. The kid eats like 3 apples a day.

DSC_9060

But when we got shooting Brans realized how cold it was and was ready to be done... so I told him he could eat the props. That totally worked.

DSC_9137

DSC_9130

It also helped that we had a bunch of neighborhood boys dancing around behind me, trying (and succeeding) to get him to laugh.

DSC_9123

Oh my brown eyed ("rootbeer eyes") boy. Those eyes just suck you in.

DSC_9166

Everyone who meets this kid loves him. He's so dang funny. I don't know if there is a bigger imagination out there. He lives in the world of superheros. He asks me about 100 questions per hour. That is NOT an exaggeration. "Mom, do gorillas run faster than wherewolves?" "Mom, is Hulk from our planet?" "Mom, can Dad wrestle a bear?" He's totally concerned about what things are in his food. "Mom is there fiber in this?" "Mom, can I have more calcium"... that's what he calls milk. He's afraid of the basement because he thinks scary dogs and bears are hiding down there. He wants to be a Secret Agent when he grows up... and a cleaner ("Mom, can I be a cleaner AND a secret agent, ya know, have 2 jobs, is that okay?") And my favorite thing is that he tells me he loves me about 20 times a day. I love him too!

DSC_9162

What a cool kid.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh how I love the pictures, and I love Brans! He is so very cute. I hope it works out with he and Hannah in the future ;)

The Carlson Crew said...

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! And I love Brans' questions.

Anonymous said...

Oh you are good...so stinkin cute!! i need you to be my next door neighbor...