With a ton of work and weeding. That's how.
But we're thinking it's worth it.
It's reaping time. We've got zucchini and yellow squash coming out of our ears. I've found a few recipes I love for the zucchini. The grilled stuffed zucchini from Our Best Bites is DELISH!!!! Seriously. This is coming from someone who doesn't love zucchini. The zucchini fries are pretty yummy too. Haven't figured out what to do with the yellow squash. Got an good recipes?
I've loved just sending the boys out to the garden whenever I need a tomato.
Big fat cucumbers that I planned to turn into pickles but it never happened.
Carrots are almost ready.
There's also onions (pictured above), red potatoes, sweet peas and cilantro.
Oh yeah, that's one of our awesome watermelons. Just trying to figure out when it's perfectly ripe. Anyone know?
And my personal favorite, the pumpkin patch! There are going to be plenty of nice big orange pumpkins ready for carving come this Halloween! Next year I just might make half of our garden a pumpkin patch. I LOVE them!!!
And there you have it. The Christensen pride and joy!
1 comment:
I am so jealous of your garden. We started one this year and I was really excited about it but with 60 days of 100+ heat it was impossible to keep it alive. So I am living though you! I also did a whole raised garden of pumpkins since they are my favorite too and I am sad I won't have any. Keep the pics coming! :) Miss you!
Post a Comment