Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Weekend In Vegas... Old Married Mormon Couple Style

Bryan and I had been thinking of a weekend getaway for a while. We wanted to head somewhere that was fast and easy to get to, had lots of good food, and some fun entertainment. Vegas fit the bill. Now, I know I totally slam Vegas in all my Bachelorette recaps, and I'm not taking back anything I said there. Vegas is dirty, nasty, and weird. BUT, knowing these things and not thinking I'm heading to some glamorous party world made it so I could totally make the best of it, in our own way. No, we don't gamble, we don't drink, but we do...
P1000019
...eat. We like to eat. A lot. I could tell you about every meal and snack I ate there. I've already recounted it all to my sister and mom. Here, we were eating at Cheesecake Factory in Ceasars Palace. Now, I know, I can eat at Cheesecake in SLC, and usually when traveling I like to try new places, BUT this has some sentimental importance to it. Bryan and I have eaten at this particular Cheesecake together a few times. .
4AC49B78-E081-2B31-5099528877C9205A .
See! Here we are at the same Cheesecake Factory 10 YEARS AGO! It was right before we got engaged. Sigh. Don't compare the two pics. I know, it's been 10 years :) .
P1000021 .
We also shopped. Holy moly what a mall. Don't think we're like these big shoppers. Half these bags hold shoes for Bryan who hasn't purchased a new pair of shoes since dental school. Between his crazy hours and the fact that I go everywhere with 4 kids, we don't get much shopping done. So, we needed a few things. Fun! P1000020
And we went to see the "O" by Cirque de Soleil. Pretty entertaining. Though I'd recommend Ka' over O.
P1000022
Oh and we ate some more. And some more. This happened to be the best crepe I've ever eaten. Like I wrote down all the ingredients when I was done, so I can attempt to create it again. Yum. I also had the best Chocolate Souffle I've ever tried. A good vacation for me involves good company and good food. Mission completed. Oh and a HUGE shout out to my super fun Mother in Law who watched my Crew. I wouldn't have been able to have so much fun without knowing the kids were in good hands. They may have had as much fun as Bryan and I :)

2 comments:

The Gray Family said...

Happy anniversary! And I do have to say, they years have been very kind to both of you :>) Congrats 10 years is a big milestone!

lexie said...

How fun! That is funny about the shoes! Spencer is the same way I am slowing breaking him down and making him get some new ones. He just goes shopping on his lunch break HaHa!