Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Prague

Welcome to Prague!

First one on one goes to Arie.  Not sure about Emily's outfit today, cream blazer, forgot to button up blouse, and short lace shorts with tall boots.  hmmmm.  We don't get to see much of the date, mostly we hear about some not so cute producer that Arie dated like 10 years ago for like a few hours.  Emily was so stressed out about his honesty but Arie just didn't think it was a big deal.  I'm somewhere in the middle.  Probably shoulda mentioned it, but wouldn't put it in the dishonesty category.  Come on, do you like admitting about some of the people you dated?  Apparently they talked it over off camera (what!  Aren't the cameras always on?  Why weren't they thinking of us?)  Overall, the date was boring.  They just kissed a lot.  Oh and he dropped the "I love you" bomb.

Second one on one is for John.  Pretty sure this is a waste of a one on one.  The chemistry, TOTALLY a first date vibe.  They akwardly drew on John Lennon's wall, then had trouble with their eternal lock of love, talked deeply on a misplaced couch in a dungeon about John's issues, and that's about it.  How John could rate this date as a 10 is beyond me.  We didn't even get to see how it really ended, but when John arrived back to the dudes place and mentioned that Emily had dropped him off, Our Genetic Gift took some initiative.  He scoured the streets of Prague shouting her name until he found her walking alone.  They pretty much just made out for a while.  I bet John just loved watching how his date REALLY ended.

Group date is going to Our Genetic Gift, Daddy Doug and Squinty Eyed Chris, (which means the last one on one goes to Jefy, who's hair is getting bigger and bigger).  The three guys all holding their umbrellas met up with Emily all pinked out in her rain coat.  They shared a carriage ride up to a castle where Daddy Doug thought about how much his son would love it all.  Does Daddy Doug think of anything else?  As Emily tries to explain to him that she wants him to want her too, he attempts to fix things... with a PECK.  She doesn't even skip a beat.  Right after his puney kiss, she tells him goodbye.  Daddy Doug, stand proud!  You're a good guy.  You'll make some gal very happy.  Ooooh and he has really bad crying face.  Now the date is down to a two on one.  First one on one time was with Our Genetic Gift, they pretty much just made out for a while.  Wait, haven't I said that before?  Then poor ol' Squinty eyed Chris tried his darndest to simmer his anger enough to get some kisses in with Emily.  Oh but the simmer hit boil when in the end she gave the rose to Sean instead!  Ha!!  I'm a little scared for Emily though, he's kinda scary.

Jefy's date.  She's in wierd fringy boots and a a big sweater.  They hangout in a puppet shop where they buy a family of puppets.  They take their puppets into a library and use their puppets in their own kind of relationship therapy session.  With all of Prague outside I'm not sure why they decided to pull out a blanket in the middle of the library and spent the whole day there, but it was fruitful.  Actually, their conversation seemed quite real for a couple that's been dating for a while.  Real and inquisitive.  I did notice: that he wasn't totally upfront with what his parents are doing in North Carolina (they are serving a mission for the LDS Church) and that they didn't get dinner?  What?  Why did we miss an entire dinner with them?  Come on abc!  If you've got too much footage for a 2 hour show, just make it a 3 hours show!  We won't complain.

Rose ceremony:  Emily decides that she has figured things out and doesn't want to do the whole pre-rose party mumbo jumbo, so she wants to go straight to the rose ceremony.  Chris is devastated by this news cuz he was a total jerk that last time he saw her and wanted to smooth things over.  Emily comes in dressed in a blue sequined dress, hands the first rose to Jefy, the second goes to Arie... and then Chris can't contain himself, "Emily!  I have to talk to you!"  After a big apology for how he acted Chris got the final rose.  No surprise.  Pretty sure that would've been the result even without the dramatic interruption.  See ya John.  No hometown date for you.  Yay!!  Hometown dates!  The best episode of the season!

2 comments:

Heather B said...

I was giggling through the whole puppet therapy thing. I loved it. I can't wait for hometowns either!!! Yay for St. George!!!

Ashley Higley said...

I must say I was disappointed by the lack of footage out and about in Prague!! It is such a fascinating city, probably the coolest I've been to) and it got neglected! ABC should apologize to all the viewers! ;) Oh well, we'll see what the home town dates bring!