Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Weekend Break

DSC_9265

So our fall break was looking pretty boring.  Bry needed to work and I wasn't up for traveling without him.  But I really wanted to do something out of the norm.  And so I thought up the idea of heading to Midway for a few days.  It's the greatest, quietist, little town, a perfect getaway.  So we packed up for an adventure.  We found a park to play at and eat our hole-in-the-wall Chinese food lunch.

DSC_9276

The weather was gorgeous!

DSC_9282

We also visited the local Petco to visit the animals.  It's like going to the zoo.

DSC_9285

One of the highlights was a darling spot we found where we could fish!! 

DSC_9309

The kids were beyond excited about fishing.  And I was beyond excited that I remembered how to bait the hook and cast a line out... thanks Dad for teahing me how! 

DSC_9297

The people around me were probably wondering who the crazy pregnant lady was that attempted to teach 3 kids how to fish while keeping an eye on her crazy toddler.

DSC_9299

Luckily my busy toddler was totally into the cup full of live fat worms.

DSC_9301

Do girls usually like worms?  Or is this the result of having 3 big brothers?


DSC_9302

Silly girl! 

DSC_9307

What an awesome way to spend the afternoon!

DSC_9322

The most anticipated event every day was swimming at the hotel pool.  I love how it wore them out right before bed!

DSC_9328

After our couple of days or escaping to the mountains, we returned for our annual trip to Lagoon.  We always go during October, while they're doing Frightmares.  It's the perfect time.  No long lines, no melting hot temps, and lots of fun little extra halloween events going on.

DSC_9329

Although I couldn't ride on any rides, Bry was a good sport to join them when needed.  But actually now they're all about big enough to ride together without one of us.  Nice.

DSC_9340

I'm hoping we'll keep up the Lagoon tradition throughout the years.  Maybe we'll even be able to convince our future teenagers to take their cool parents with them for a fun family outing.  :)

pics

Lucky for us, Tessa didn't have to go along to Lagoon with us.  She had a date planned with her Nanna, Auntie Chelle and Nonna.  That's 4 generations there! 

pics3

Doesn't look like she missed us much.  She had SO much fun being spoiled with the girls! 

What a great weekend.  I love family time!  Well worth the effort to make it all happen.

No comments: