Oh we're deep in the middle of the greatest month of the year. And it hasn't disapointed. The boys look adorable in their scary Halloween shirts, main street has been bursting with fall colors, as well as all the mountain trees, the cool fall air has blown in, along with dreamy dreary days.
Along with introducing the cozy soups and chilies back into our menu, I've had fun with holiday Halloweeney dishes and treats.

Popcorn is always tossed with candy corn, we've decorated Halloween sugar cookies, eaten off our Halloween plates and given every drink and meal a spooky name (like our Monkey Brains monkey bread).


This month has also been fun for Ty, as he has just started Scouts. This is a whole new world for me. Still trying to figure it all out. Figure I should get this down since I'll be doing it FOR YEARS to come. Scary thought :)

And October is the middle of football season! Despite our scary record we're still cheering! I actually went with Bry to one of the games a couple weeks ago. We had fun visiting all the old stompin' grounds from our college days. La Dolce Vita was still so yummy!

What was most scary was how long it's been since we last lived in ol' Provo! We're getting old!

The fall festival at the kids school was anything but scary, though taking all 4 kids to it, dragging a stroller, pregnant, without a husband and trying to help the boys spend their carnival tickets was a scary thought! But it ended up being lots of fun. The boys spent their tickets on a new hair color,

some fun makeup,

and sugar. Sounds like a good time to me!

And as for me, this month I officially look pregnant. Baggy shirts aren't camoflauging it anymore. And I can't get up and down very gracefully anymore. And I ache.... you know where. I've still got 3 more months to go, scary thought indeed.

I think all our FHE's have involved something Octobery. Last week we went to Cornbelly's. The boys look forward to this place every year! Actually I do too! Mostly because I love seeing the kids totally scared out of their minds when they go thru the big beast!

Despite the cold, they had fun doing all the activities.

Tessa was her happiest when she found the princess carriage. She sat here for about 20 minutes. Seriously. I didn't even think she knew what it was, actually I'm not sure if she really did. She just knew it was awesome.

We had to cut our fun short when it started getting oh so cold. But some yummy burgers and onion rings at JCW warmed us right up. Oh the traditions! And we've still got a few to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment