Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Nanna!

Today is Nanna's Birthday, but we got to celebrate it with her last week while she was visiting. I had gone thru all my cookbooks with the boys, looking for the cake WE should make her. When we came upon a picture of this berry cake, Ty yelled out "That's the PERFECT cake!" No surprise since it was covered in berries (my kids would eat fruit and only fruit all day long if I let them...oh could you imagine the diaper?!) So we made her the perfect cake.

We got to sing to Nanna and she got to open the presents the boys had picked out (2 hot wheels and a Cars puzzle...just what Nanna wanted :)

Then we dug in! Literally! Just gave everyone a fork and went at it. We love you Nanna! Happy Birthday!

And happy birthday to Megan too! Wish you were here so we could go to lunch or just wander around Target without children :)

5 comments:

M and M Madsen said...

such a cute cake- and family!

Anonymous said...

OK....I"D like a bit of that cake please! Looks DELISH!

Anonymous said...

I just saw your comment on my "secret" blog :o) The grass....that is actually a funny story. I used to go walking on this trail all winter with some friends and when I was asked to take those pics I thought of the "abandoned field" near the trail. Turns out it's actually someones FARM!!! I have no idea what that is....alfalfa maybe? We just tucked ourselves into a little corner and took some quick shots. I feel kind of badly...I hope we didn't SMOOSH too much of his crop!!!

Oh, and I use Photoshop to do all cropping and editing.

Nicole said...

OK....sorry....those last two comments are from MMMMEEEE!!! I had signed onto our computer for one of my friends....hence the name. I just realized it, sorry.

Megan said...

Glad to see you found the perfect cake! I would like the recipe please!! thanks for the birthday wishes.