Sunday, October 5, 2008

And Now It's Time To Listen....kind of

General Conference has begun and has been so wonderful thus far! The morning went well... at least for our little brood.
. Started off the morning with Conference Cake (sour cream coffee cake) and eggs! Yum!

Then we had our finale GC lesson. I wanted to tell them the story of King Benjamin, in the Book of Mormon, and how all the people gathered together to listen to the prophet. Last night, as I was looking over which verses I wanted to share, the idea popped into my head to use their toys as visuals. It turned out great. We have the "temple," the "tower," "King Benjamin" and all the people that gathered, some in their own tents. I wish I could say the lesson was full of the spirit, but I'll settle for, I think they got the idea in between fighting over the little people.


Then we erected our own tent and played a recorded segment of yesterdays conference (yea for Tivo). We realized all of conference is quite a lot for the little guys to sit still for, so Bryan thought up the good idea to just show them the talks by the prophet. It's a good start.

Bryan and I have enjoyed the rest of conference ALONE, while the little people napped. Bliss.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a great idea Kristen. You are such a good mom. :)