Sunday, November 16, 2008

To ALL My Sisters:

I have 3 sisters, all whom I love dearly and miss terribly, but this post is not written exclusively for them. This post is directed to ALL of the beautiful, talented, incredible friends, I feel so blessed to say, are mine. Yes, I'm talking to you.... YOU! And to YOU, I want to say THANK YOU!

Thank you for making my life so enjoyable! You make me laugh. You giggle with me about vampires. You make me feel pretty, even with baby snot on my shoulder. You meet me at the park. You call me to giggle or vent about our kids. You spend holidays with me, when family is too far away. You invite me to dinner, what a break that can be! You bring so much joy into my life!

Thank you for sharing your talents! I totally enjoy learning about and benefiting from the fabulous things you all can do. And yes, I'm still talking to you!! Some of you cook the most yummy goodies and dinners! Some of you sing or play an instrument. Some of you can do amazing things with a piece of wood and some paint. Some of you have the patience of an angel. I've seen you juggle multiple kids schedules along with your husbands wacky one and still appear peaceful and happy. Oh and you're so stinkin' creative! And you're always so positive (yes that is a talent!!) You've done such a beautiful job with decorating your house...it always feels so peaceful to be there. You look outside the box! And for any of you who don't think I'm thinking of you...YOU'RE WRONG! I've sat and thought about each one of you, and I haven't come upon one of you that I am not amazed at something you do!

Thank you for crying with me! Whether we're crying because our naughty children have us taking a Mommy time-out so we don't harm anyone. Or because we're laughing so hard over some mommy mishap. Or we're crying together because life doesn't always turn out the way we thought it would. Thanks for trusting me with your sorrows and frustrations and know that I trust you too.

Thanks you for sharing clothes, recipes, furniture and goodies. Thanks for playgroup fun! Thanks for fabulous conversation in the nursing lounge and in the back of sunday school (sorry Sunday School teacher). Thanks for making Dental School and residency so fun (yes I can actually say its been fun!!) Thanks for helping me be a better mom. Thanks for helping me feel like me (not just a mom or a wife).

I just feel so blessed. I sure hope you know how much I appreciate you and love being your friend.

1 comment:

Tonya Tuggle said...

You are such a sweet, positive, STRONG woman. It humbles me you have called out residency as "fun". I am blessed to know YOU :)