
All I meant to do was go out to get the mail. Of course the second I opened the door to go outside I heard the scurring of 6 little feet all running to join me. By the time I reached the mailbox the boys were busy digging in mud.

They quickly found a few catepillars. It was so exciting. I sat myself down on the sidewalk and watched my boys watch their catepillars.

Of course they had to find food for the catepillars. I pointed out the plants catepillars like... you know all the ones that look like weeds :) Yes, my boys weeded my flowerbed. Wasn't that nice of them.

When the catepillars were safe inside the little leaf house they built, the boys moved onto finding worms. I laid down on the sidewalk, totally enjoying our new crisp fall air and the sound of my kids so happy and content.

A bunch of worms were placed in their new home, a little plastic cup. Cason somehow got a hold of it and decided to see how they tasted. Really?! I'm not sure what about that dirt and worm filled cup looked appetizing.

My usually 30 second trip to the mailbox ended up taking an hour or so. It's amazing what you can find in the few feet from your door to the street. And to think I walk past it all not noticing everyday. Oh and do you see my mums?! I planted them last fall. They were so small then. Now they're taking over and starting to bloom. Yeah for fall mums!
1 comment:
Oh!!!!!!! Your boys are so so so so cute! At church yesterday I was lovin' the vests. Brans was so cute, I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes and grinned and ducked down. He is so cute!
Post a Comment