
Christmas Challenge: Start today (December 1st) and read the first chapter of St Luke. Read a chapter a day of Luke and you will finish on December 24th (finishing the last chapter of Luke). You will have read the entire life of our Savior Jesus Christ (from birth to resurrection). What a perfect way to celebrate Him and keep us focused on what this season is all about.
PS I know what I want for Christmas.... Patience! Any tips on how to get it?
6 comments:
Patience - I prayed about that one a lot for a while. I realized patience and enough sleep are really good friends. God helps me with patience, but I don't help myself enough with getting to bed at a decent hour. Needless to say I'm still working on both.
I just finished reading Luke. I wish I would have taken a look at how many chapters there are. I've moved on to 3 Nephi. I can't seem to get enough of the life of Christ these days. I hope you'll update us, as well as your boys on what you think as you read.
Be careful what you ask for!! haha. Although I love her so much...I prayed for patience and God gave me Bryn. haha. I wouldn't take back the gift, but I have had to learn patience a lot!
What an awesome challenge! I am starting right now! :) Thanks for giving me such a beautiful Christmas idea! You're wonderful!
As far a patience goes... Take a deep breath and put it aside and address it later, go for a walk, say a silent prayer, look at the eternal persective.... :) lol it works for me. Sorry I don't have anything miraculous for you!
I know that my calling has really strengthened my patience. I know that is why I got the calling, because I have NO patience. :) It is so hard. I think back to when your boys found the sharpie in your car. I would have freaked out WAY more than you did, so I think you have more patience than you think you do. I look up to you, as a mom, wife, friend, and sister in the gospel.
I practice patience while driving, I remind myself that I need to be more forgiving and understanding. It has really helped me over the last two years. Love you Kristen. Dad
Post a Comment