Monday, January 4, 2010

Bachelor: And It Begins Again

This is one of those nights I'm actually very grateful for football. The hubs isn't usually home in the evenings... which usually is a sad thing. But on Monday nights, when the BACHELOR is on, I am totally okay with his absence. I can curl up and enjoy my show without feeling guilty for ignoring him. But tonight he's home. I had been pondering all evening on how I would break it to him that I was going to be glued to the TV... and then he told me about the TCU vs Boise game that he was really hoping to glue himself too. I jumped out of my chair and volunteered to get it all set on the DVR (he was probably thinking what a cool wife he had) and then I kissed him and said I'd see him in a few hours. Off I went to the other TV. We're both happy. (PS he did pause the game every so often to take a peek at what I was watching :)

So onto the Bachelor!! Okay, I have to admit I wasn't totally convinced that Jake was all that. When they announced that it was going to be him I thought it might be pretty darn boring (of course throw 25 crazy ladies in the mix and there's no way it could be boring!) But after his "intro" I must admit, I'm impressed. He's a catch. Nice home (though what was with the black canopy over his bed? I thought canopies were a girl thing), nice job (with LOTS of perks, think of all the places you could fly for FREE!), nice upbringing, and apparently he does everything shirtless. What girl wouldn't want that? Of course it ended with a kind of Top Gun feel (sunset with guy on motorcyle and plane flying over head) which again made me think he's a bit cheesey.
But then we were on to the girls. Have mercy ABC, could you introduce the girls with clothes on? If I have to see one more gal do a cartwheel in a swimsuit I may lose my dessert. During this part of the show I started uploading the pics of the bachelorettes to this blog... wanted to see what they looked like with clothes on. Lots of pretty faces. Lot's of weirdos. ABC always wants to keep it exciting.

Then it's time for Jake to meet all these jems. I was surprised at how nervous Jake was, seemed a little scared of some of the girls, though I totally understand that! "You can land on my landing strip anytime" or "did you have to register these guns? said while squeezing his biceps, or just flat out asking to rub on his abs. Now that's a first impression. Most just went for the don't look at my face, just remember my cleavage route.

Once he had met everyone it was time for happy hour. Lots of one on one talking, some crying (already!), some changing of outfits, a game of football (yes in ballgowns), plenty of ladies being catty, and a fun surprise, Jillian and Ed showed up. Still love Ed. They did a little interviewing, though I'm not sure how affective it was. I think the show just wants to really highlight when someone actually does fall in love on their show. Gives everyone a little hope.

And then the rose ceremony. Goodbye to 10 (yes there was crying... though they had met the guy like 2 hours before). And then there was the upcoming episodes teaser!! Whew!
That was totally entertaining in itself!! I had to rewind it and show the hubs! There's more deception (looks worse than Wes... apparently it involves one of the girls and a producer!) and more crying (not just the gals... but Jake too... okay so that's not so surprising either) and even a shot of Jake gettin' so mad he kicks a scented candle across the room! I can hardly wait.

So what do you think of the ladies? Who's it gonna be? You can wander through the pics (I left a few notes about a few of them so you can remember them) and leave a comment on who you think he'll choose. Let's see if any of you can guess it (I'll come back and check the comments after the finale) Maybe you'll win a prize! Like getting to watch the After the Rose episode with me :)

Here's your top 15:

* Ashleigh (accounts manager) - fell and tripped when she got out of the limo, maybe because her dress was slit up to her belly button


* Ashley (teacher) - came out in a halloween costume-ish airplane attendant outfit



*Christina (resaurant manager)- brought jelly beans as a parting gift for the ladies, did a weird aiprlane game with Jake (like the kind you play with a 4 year old) Odd, her in a dress trying to fly through the air on his feet.



*Ali (advertising account manager) - totally cute! Lovin' the peackock feather (to attract a mate) and yellow dress. Poor thing had lost her voice and she tripped when they were walking to their one on one time and she tore her dress. Like her A LOT.

*Elizabeth (nanny) - brought a football to throw with him, I think she's GORGEOUS

*Ella (hair stylist) - has a 7 year old son (who sent Jake his favorite toy airplane... did she take it from him? what kid gives their favorite airplane to some random man they don't know?), but she seems genuine.


*Corrie (wardrobe consultant) - seems classy and nice


*Gia (swimsuit model , though she said on the show that she owns a hair salon) - So pretty, quiet. Likin' her. Though not so sure she's his type.



*Jessie (cosmetic sales manager) - honestly don't remember her

*Kathryn (corporate flight attendant) - had a very poofy purple dress-tutu

*Michelle (office manager) - poor girl is already crying, "I'm here to fall in love with you" ...I think that's a really weird statement. You don't make yourself fall in love ... that's why they call it falling. Very emotional, yet I see why he kept her, very sincere


*Rozlyn (model) - VERY forward, plays the sexy card a bit much - so not his type! (she's my guess as the one in the scandal)

*Tenley (college admissions) - got the first impression rose, sweet innocent, kissed him during their one on one time (a peck) Seems a lot like Jake I think. Has been married before and divorced.


* Valisha (homemaker) - don't remember much about her, though when I saw the occupation that was listed for her, it makes me think she's the one with the kids that was mentioned on the teaser.
*Vienna (marketing representative)- weird, spoiled by the parents (actually surprised me that she has an occupation), loves her dog, very 23


So there they are. My pick is Ali. I like her.

12 comments:

Jared and Brianne said...

I love reading your Bachelor recaps!! They are so fun and agree with you all the time. I'm excited for this season with Jake...it's not short on drama with the ladies either. My two picks are Ali and Elizabeth. =)

Unknown said...

Hi Kristen,
I'm reading your blog for the first time and this is so fun! I'm also watching The Bachelor for the first time too...I think Gia is going to be the one involved in the scandal - she seems like trouble! My favorites are also Ali and Elizabeth. Especially Elizabeth, they seem like a good match and I think he like the football game...I'm looking forward to checking it out after the next episode :)

Nancy Fernandez
(Buchanan High)

Heather B said...

I like Ali and Elizabeth too, although I think Jake will like Ali and Tenley best. And I keep tripping out whenever I see Vienna, because I worked with a guy named Roger who has that EXACT face. Just put a short dark wig on her, and that's him. So weird.

Robyn said...

Hey girlie! Couldn't wait to see what you thought of the whole thing! My favs are Ali, Elizabeth and Tenley. I did not care for Gia or Vienna. And I do think Rozlyn will be the one in the scandal too. I also loved the purple poofy dress! And I loved Ali's yellow dress. I couldn't believe he kept Michelle and didn't keep the Oklahoma girl. She was cute!

M and M Madsen said...

Loved the re-cap as always! I think I liked the Nanny the best, but who in the WORLD uses her as their Nanny- way too hot? I decided she must Nanny for a single guy!
But, I think Ali might be the perfect personality match for him? Can't wait for the scandal- and the candle kicking!

The Gray Family said...

My vote is for Elizabeth, but I liked Kathryn in the poofy purple dress too. I liked that National Guard girl...sad he let her go to keep Michelle who seems a little CRAZY to me!

Scott and Rashelle said...

This season is going to be "CRAZY!" It seems like every season gets more scandalous and the girls get more nuts! There do seem to be a few good girls (hopefully) that might be for Jake. I have my top 3 and they are in this order: Ali, Gia (I don't think she is going to be as quiet as she comes off), and lastly Tenley (LOVED her little paper with ten things about her)! We will see what is in store...

Pam said...

Tenley seems to be Jake's type and she seems genuine too. And Elizabeth is just hot. they are my top 2 after last night. and I'm wondering why in the world he kept Vienna, she looks like a man.

Larsen Family said...

i recorded it and watched it this morning. i like ali or tenley. it is hard to believe most these girls are my same age or younger. a lot of them seem super trashy. that melissa girl seems nuts. a lot of them seem so ingenuine. it was funny because during the intros of the girls you could almost tell who they were sending home!

Danielle said...

I know, don't you just love Clover Lane? She just cuts the crap out of life... so wise =) Oh and I did watch the Bachelor. We'll see how long I last, but so far so good!

Ruegge Family said...

Love your blog Kristen!! Ok, I don't trust Gia, too much plastic and just seems sneaky! I like Ali the best. Rozlyn is going to the be the one involved with a crew member. She is on this show for her modeling career and hates every girl there. My husband was making fun of jake while he was working in his backyard, with a wheel barrow, his shirt off, nice pair of khaki shorts and a belt. he said, "My name is Jake, I build things with my shirt off and my nice khaki shorts and can't forget my belt." lol. Why does a guy that is good looking and has a smoking body, need a show like this?!?!?

lexie said...

Thanks for the updates! Keep them coming! I don't get to watch it to often becuase of monday night football-we only have one tv-but I like Ali!