Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthday Cakes Through the Years

I've had a few requests for a compilation of the cakes I've made through the years. So here they are. I usually use a boxed cake mix and canned frosting for fun cakes (the only excepetion is the dinosaur, I made that frosting). I don't have any shaped pans. I just use different combinations of some 8" rounds, a 9x13, some loaf pans, a round casserole dish, pyrex measuring cups and even a cleaned out bean can. I usually freeze the cake and then do the cutting and carving. And usually everything on the cake is edible. And the theme for the cake is always determined by whatever that child is obsessed with at the time. I want it to represent them (though the crab cake was just a random but very consistent request from Ty).

IMG_3009

Truck and Car Cakes: My first fun cake, made for Ty's 2nd birthday.

IMG_4280

Pirate Ship Cake: Ty's 3rd birthday

IMG_4816

Donut Cake: Brans' 2nd Birthday (it was a party in the morning and had a breakfast theme)

DSC_2777

Our Dream Exotic Vacation cake: Bryan's 31st birthday (represents what I wish I could've given him for his birthday)

DSC_4028[2]

Crab Cake: Ty's 4th birthday

3226712628_47348654db_o

1st birthday Cake for Cason - gave him the top piece to dig into and had colored the cake a bright color for fun messy pictures

3303997637_b222454444_o

Dinosaur Cake: Brans' 3rd Birthday

3880524642_2751d3dd60_o

Race Car with Flames Cake: Ty's 5th birthday

DSC_4129

Train Cake: Cason's 2nd Birthday

  DSC_4864

MarioLand Cake: Cason's 6th Birthday

  DSC_5116

Lego Cake: Brans' 8th Birthday

  DSC_2827

Minecraft Cake: Ty's 9th Birthday

  DSC_2691

 Cinderella Cake: Tessa's 3rd Birthday

  DSC_0916

Naval Ship Cake: Brans' 7th Birthday

  DSC_0596

Dragon Cake: Cason's 5th Birthday

  DSC_8492

Pool Party Cake: Ty's 8th Birthday

  DSC_8367

Kitty Cat Cake: Tessa's 2nd Birthday

  DSC_7825

Watermelon Cake: Bryan's Birthday

  DSC_6167

A specific Requested Star Wars Battle Scene Cake: Brans' 6th Birthday

  DSC_5857

Tank Cake: Cason's 4th Birthday

  DSC_3763

Shark Cake: Ty's 7th Birthday

  DSC_3424

 Owl Cake: Tessa's 1st Birthday

  DSC_8928

 Hulk Cake: Brans' 5th Birthday

  DSC_8408

Batman Cake: Cason's 3rd Birthday

  DSC_4981

 Hawaii Cake: Ty's 6th Birthday

DSC_5063

Robot Cake: Brans' 4th Birthday