Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Couldn't We Have Just Had 2 Hours of Bloopers

Yeah for DVR. Yesterday I spent 12 hours driving to the tippy tip of southern TX to visit my sister for a few days. So while the Bachelor was on, I was munching on Honey BBQ fritos and wishing I could ease my aching behind. By the time I arrived at my sisters, I was exhausted...even for Bachelor drama.

So now it's Tuesday afternoon and I've got my littlest asleep upstairs while the boys are playing with play dough and I'm finally sitting down to watch some Bachelor drama... I don't think I could've waited if it were a normal episode... but to be honest I cannot stand the Women tell all episode. SO here it goes... all the cattiness and obnoxiousness.

First there was the review of the season (I think this is like the 5th review we've seen this season... are they just desperate to fill time?). Then we watched (or I should admit, I fast forwarded) the Bachelor Reuinon trashiness... Who's idea was that? Lots of sloppy drunks and nastiness. Okay so their community service stuff was a nice touch, but I just don't care about the old Bachelor rejects... let's just get to this season's drama!

Then after introducing a few of the Bachelorettes, the biggest scandal of the season was addressed, Roz... I have to admit, right after the episode where she was kicked off I did question ABC on the whole event. Was it a set up? Were they just actually finding/creating some drama for the show? But after the Bachelorettes told of what they actually saw, the cuddling, the kissing and how she was never sleeping in her own bed, I started to wonder. It was actually the Bachelorettes that told the producers about the relationship they were seeing. Well just when the accusations were getting good, the show weirdly hops over to a new subject and says they'll return to the scandal after a while.

So we jump to an interview with Gia, it was nothin' new. She just looked as pretty as ever in her sparkly purple cocktail dress and sat there wishin' that she had told Jake about her feelings, how she had fallen in love in with him. Sweet sweet Gia.

Then crazy Michelle was up, still crazy, though she kept it all together pretty well in the hot seat, especially considering all the awful clips they showed of her.

Then to Ali, there was lots of love from the audience (maybe she IS going to be the next Bachelor), and lots of love from my little man Brans, now sitting next to me who kept exclaiming "she's pretty!" Her explanation for leaving was "If this was really love, then he would come find me, outside the show... but he didn't" So our imploring interviewer Chris asks, "what is it you have learned from this experience?" and she gives her wisdom on putting love first in her life, how she doesn't want to look back on her life and think she hasn't loved enough. And the audience all nods their approvement with tears in their eyes. She would have chosen love over her work. Well you may just get that chance next season.

Anyway, after all the yeah, yeah, yeah, we're now back to Rozlyn, who has now made her entrance (in a VERY short skirt... not good when you're sitting in a nice squishy couch). Chris clarifies that he feeels no ill will toward her and just wanted to know what IS true "in [her] mind". She still claims that nothing physical ever happened between her and the producer, but the long ramblings of evidence from the Bacheloretts makes me think otherwise. What do you think? I DO think it was a VERY low blow to accuse Chris Harrison of being unfaithful by flirting with the "un-named producers" wife. Sorry that cheap shot alone, made me think she was a liar. No matter how wacky the people are on this show, I really like Chris. Did you know he's an Oklahomian, married to his sweetheart of 16 years? She (his wife) was actually in the audience that night and apparently got a big kick out Rozlyn's ramblings.

Anyway, with nothing really established (still a lot of "he said, she said") Jake gets his spot in the chair. He was pretty boring, with his newly dyed hair (an ugly brown, he looks better as a dirty blond)and his showering of compliments at all the ladies in his sappy Jake way.

Highlight of the entire episode was the Bachelor bloopers. I wish we had just had 2 hours of that. But unfortuntaly we had to suffer through 2 hours of absolute nothing. Oh well, at least we won't have to suffer next week! I'm so excited! My guess is that he won't propose to either girl. What do you think?

3 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Roz was SO lying. What was up with her trying to pass it off as she thought she was kicked off just b/c she used the staffers phone to call her son? Lame. It was so obvious. And her cheap shot at Chris. That sealed the deal. If there were ever a question that she was lying...well, no there isn't. That girls is poison! (lol...yes, I'm singing the song.)

M and M Madsen said...

I thought the whole Roz thing was terrible and it was just the network trying to make themselves look good. I agree that she was lying, but man talk about walking into a lion's den! I felt bad for the "trap" they set for her on national television. She is not very smart for agreeing to do that piece! I must say, I am sooooo much less a Jake fan now than I was before the season started. Can't wait to see the drama on Monday!

Heather B said...

I do not want Ali to be the next bachelorette. I would much rather watch Gia find a stud than Ali, who's cattiness just got to me over time.

Total waste of 2 hours for sure. Blah.