Monday, February 8, 2010

A Howlin' Good Time

For any of you who are any where near a Great Wolf Lodge, I HIGHLY recommend a little vacation with the family there. This was our second trip to the "swimming hotel" down in Grapevine TX. It's about 3 hours away but so worth the trip. The hotel is totally family centered, from the food and the rooms to the arcade and the constantly 84 degrees indoor waterpark.

IMG_0044 IMG_0047

The boys, waiting not so patiently, for mom and dad to be ready to take them to the waterpark. After dinner we had to make a stop at the ice cream shop. Cason left a trail, from the shop to our room.

IMG_0053

What's so nice is there is something for everyone, no matter the age. Cason and Brans LOVED the kiddy section, Bry and Ty took on the big slides, we all spent time in the lazy river and the wave pool. There's complimentary life jackets and tons of life guards.

IMG_0052 IMG_0078

And the wrist bands they give you to wear are your entry into the waterpark, your room key and if you want you can put money on them so that you don't have to carry anything to the waterpark or around the hotel. So nice! Though I did tote around my little point and shoot camera (confession: I am officially a camera snob... how I missed my DSLR... but expensive cameras and water are a bad combo)

IMG_0060

IMG_0062 IMG_0076

We played in the water from the second we got there til dinner time, then the boys popped up at 6:00 am ready for some more! We finally left around 2:00 and boy were these boys tuckered!

IMG_0086

IMG_0087 IMG_0088

The 3 hour ride home was completely quiet, except for Bry and I jamming to our CDs. I've already checked to see if there's a Great Wolf Lodge near Salt Lake.... no such luck. But maybe we'll have to make a trip to somewhere exotic, like Kansas or Virginia.

6 comments:

Amber said...

My cousin recently went there and blogged about it and I thought it looked so fun!

Jamie said...

That place looks awesome! We'll have to go before we move. Have you heard of Zermatt Resort in Midway? (between Park City & Heber) I've never been, but I've heard it pretty neat, you should check it out.

Holly said...

We have wanted to go since it opened! Hope we get to go soon!

Megan said...

I do want to go there, but I gotta be honest... as I sat and read all about the family friendly waterpark, I couldn't help but think about all the kids & crypto.

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

Come here! We have one here! We haven't gone yet either... we'll go with you! (LOVE the comment about Zermatt.... little does everyone know it's our home away from home)

Phil and Holly said...

were you even there kristen? no proof of it from the pics i see..