Home town dates! It's always my favorite episode of the season. And our first stop is to New York City with Gia. She decides the best way to tour the city is on a boat ride. While admiring Lady Liberty they decided to break out the camera and took a bunch of candids of the two of them giggling and kissing. Hey you have to have a few of those shots for the wedding video. After posing they sit down and Jake asks her about her past. And here we discover why she has been so guarded, her last boyfriend was up to no good and cheated on her with some of her friends, another guy she had dated had really bad communication skills. Oh sweet, beautiful Gia, you deserve so much better. After their boat ride they headed to a restaurant to meet her mom, her stepdad and brothers. Not sure why we're not allowed to get a peek into her home, cuz the whole date takes place there and the city streets. Not very homey, for our down home fella Jake, in my opinion. They all have this strong NY accent that is so fun to listen to. There's the usual questions over dinner and during Jake and Mom's alone time. Jake answered them all appropriately. Mom tells Gia she feels in her gut that he will choose her (maybe it's in her cards! apparently mom reads cards too). Gia's protective brother chimes in that if Jake breaks her heart he's gonna hunt him down and break his legs. Despite his spikey hair I liked him. The date ends with Jake and Gia kissing on a stoop, watching the taxis go by. Sorry Jake, I just don't see you fitting into this life.
Next date is in Williamstown MA with Ali, which was gorgeous in the fall. Apparently the producers thought it was pretty too and forced them to shiver on a bench while they got their fall foliage shot in. And what's with all the girls jumping up and wrapping their legs around Jake when they see him. Am I supposed to do that when my hubby comes home? But Jake liked it and seemed so giddy to see her... he likes her a lot. Their first stop was through the woods to her grandmothers house, and she wanted Jake to meet her grandmother, who had passed away recently (Ali was very close to her). It seems they (Jake and Grandma) met and liked each other... according to Ali. Sweetly, Jake wasn't totally freaked out by the whole talking to dead people in grandma's empty house experience, but instead felt it was intimate and made him think about life and love. Then they were off to her house, where he met mom, sister and brother. He had some one on one time with Ali's mom where he gave all the right answers and then he asked if she would be okay if he proposed to her (I wonder why he didn't ask Gia's mom, or maybe they edited it out?). And here's another mom who's gut tells her that Jake is right for her daughter. Afterward, as Ali and Jake are saying goodbye, Ali goes out on a limb tells him that if he asked her to marry him right now she'd say yes. Oh and the look in his eyes, he pauses, and to make the moment even more special he takes off his thick gloves, and plants a passionate kiss on her. They have a very strong connection... I think stronger than with Gia. Okay Ali, I'm back to really liking you too.
Now cross country he goes to see Tenley in Oregon. They take a walk in the gorgeous nature and talked about her ex A LOT! I'm not so sure she's over that divorce disaster. Then they head over to the dance studio where Tenley "grew up" (I don't think she actually grew up there, but took dance there as a kid and teen). She loves to dance and wanted Jake to see that part of her, so she got on her leotard and danced for him (a little number she had choreographed) which made him "melt".... though I wasn't that impressed with the dance, holy moly I couldn't keep my eyes off her calves! Unbelievable! Then they did a little dancing together, while birds sang and forest animals pranced around at their feet. Afterward, they were off to her house. Jake's focus was to make sure that she is truly over her ex husband. Five minutes into meeting her family he should've known the answer to that. A big fat NO. This doivorce is still very fresh, in her mind and in her family's. I can't believe she decided to do the Bachelor in the same year as her divorce. There was no surprises in her family, they're just like Tenley. Sweet, put together, darling family. Jake does his one on ones with mom and dad. With mom he asks if she thinks Tenley is ready for marriage again, which mom talks about how strong Tenley is. The he asks her father for permission to propose to Tenley and he gives his blessing. I think that's just crazy. After the mess she just went through, I'd want to know EVERYTHING about Jake before saying that'd be okay. I do think Jake would fit just fine in that family. But I just don't know if the passion is there with the two of them like it is with Ali. Am I flipping my favorite again?
Well after all the classy, sweet dates we're onto trashy Vienna. Did it not seem SO apparent, the difference in the quality of the other girls compared to Vienna?! Well, they start things off on a river boat in FL which takes them to her house to meet the family. And man o man is she a daddy's girl. Just watching dad holding that dressed up chihuahua and bawling over his baby made me cringe inside. That relationship alone might be a huge issue in their marriage. Now I don't doubt Vienna's feelings for Jake, but does he really want to be the one paying for her car crashes and paying for dog clothes? Oh Jake, have mercy on me and don't pick this girl.
With home town dates over, Jake heads back to LA. There's a knock on his door and ... we all hold our breath... it's Ali! Oh no, and she drops the news that she has to choose between her job and Jake.... this is all sounding to familiar (flashback to Ed). I know she's there hoping for a "You are the one Ali, choose me" from Jake, but all she gets is a "You know, I would say, you know, stay here and take a chance on me, but I can't right now guarantee you that I'm going to put a ring on your finger, but I can't look you in the eye and tell you that I'm not going to.'' Not what she wanted to hear. So she tells him she'll think about it and will tell him at the rose ceremony. She exits and collapses into a weeping mess on the hallway floor.
So they all arrive for the rose ceremony, everyone lookin' beautiful, except Ali (though her dress was adorable). She looked like she had done her hair and makeup that morning and than taken a nap. They all line up and then she, with her shoulders all slumped over, tells Chris she needs to talk to him. Off they go to see Jake, where after lots of crying and Jake telling her he wants her to stay, and her hair getting crazier and crazier, she tells Jake that she thought she had to go. Dumb dumb girl. Though I had to agree with her when she said "I came into this with everything I wanted in life except for you, and there's a chance I could leave it with nothing." So he walks her out to the limo, both of them weeping, say goodbye, and in Jake fashion he collapses over the banister in grief. What does this mean for the 3 ladies who have been standing in the other room for 2 hours? Automatic roses. I wonder who wouldn't have gotten a rose had this not happened? Who do you think was going to go home!?
Oh and don't forget the teaser! It's off to St Lucia for lots of bikini time and the infamous over night date. And then the phone call, Jake picks it up and hears, "hi, this is Ali". Is anyone surpised? I'm sure not. But will she coming back in Ed fashion? What do you think?
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I read that he picks Vienna and now I can barely stand to watch it. If he really picks Vienna, then he has some serious serious issues that need to be addressed. So not smart for Ali to leave because they can't really let her pull another Ed- right after it happened last season. I love Tenley but it would be silly for her to get engaged to the first person she dates (on TV) right after a divorce. Ah well, better luck next time Jake!
I decided to comment as I read.. so here it is:
Gia was way darling... but I don't see him fitting into her life either.
Ali keeps getting worse in my book each week... I LOVED and ADORED her for weeks, but then we got to see this snobby drama side that I don't like. I was actually beggin her to say she would leave when she had to decide between work and him. Devin and I think she made the story up... trying to pull a Ed on him. Why would her work say they needed her all the sudden, she obviously had to get the work off before she went on the show. LAME... she just wanted Jake to admit her loved her and feel pressured into picking her. I'm glad he didn't. I hope the show doesn't let her back when she calls.
Tenley I have grown to love more and more. I thought she was too cheesey and sweet.,. almost fake. But then I've realized it's just HER. I loved his home date with her. I think with her he will have a real marriage and not some crazy blind love marriage. She will work hard at making this marriage work and they will work together. I'm glad her mom was honest in saying that she will have some emotional moments still.. and of course. But I don't think it will hurt their marriage.
Vienna.. all I can say is trashy. Devin and I both agreed there was no proff she was a slut, but that's the feel you get from her. Trashy outfits, trashy family. Wierd relationship with ther dad that gave up a HUGE red flag.. imagine their first fight... she'll go straight to daddy. Hope he sees this.
That's my thoughts... Tenely should get the ring :)
Ugh!!! This episode was so frustrating for me. Gia is so beautiful and sweet, but not for Jake; Ali is too cute but it starting to get a little whiney and clingy to me; Tenley absolutely adorable but still very much damaged from her divorce- I hope she doesn't jump head first into an engagement so soon- she deserves better than that! And Vienna, oh Vienna, I truly DISLIKE you! If the spoiler blogs are right and he chooses her I will be soooo disappointed- what a waste! I thought Jake claimed to be the 'good guy who always gets left behind'. If he chooses Vienna, he is not the good guy I thought he was. I can't stand to watch her, she is just such a spoiled little daddy's girl. She has totally played the 'pity-card' with Jake and in Jake-fashion he has risen to the occasion to be her rescuer. Ughh!!! The Ali drama was too much, she just made it worse by begging him for a decision which she already knows he can't give her. As much as I like Ali, she has dropped down on my list of favs. Come to think of it, I don't know who to route for anymore... Just NOT Vienna!
I heard from the radio, that this blogger "reality steve" has called every season of the bachelor/bachelorette because he has a secret buddy giving him tips, and he's been right every season. This season, he says it's Vienna. BOO!!! Anyway, I hope this doesn't offend you, but Tenley reminds me of you a little bit. Petite with long hair, happy, and positive. I like Tenley! Thanks for the re-cap!
You are right again about everything. I loved seeing Tenley's calves too (but the dance? Kinda mediocre) but I still love her. I'd pick her for Jake out of the 3 that are left, but you're right, the passion connection does seem to need some work. I feel like Ali was totally nuts to walk away from Jake. She will have to live with "WHAT IF'S" for the rest of her life, that is going to suck!!! I don't think they'll let her back on the show, like you see, too "last season." And yes, RED FLAG for sure with Vienna and Daddy. I am speaking from experience, well, not my own, but my husband's 1st marriage went bad from the very start, because of this exact reason: Girl is TOO hooked on her daddy, and always will be. So sad. I am so so sad for Jake and it's not even over yet.
Could Ali have been any more whiny/desperate? I was so with April hoping she would just get out of there because she was on my nerves...and I'm patient regarding matters of the heart. I hate going around in circles. I just kept thinking, in the end, he doesn't have to propose to any of the girls who are left if he really in his heart of hearts thinks Ali is the one.
Gia is so, SO sweet, but they're not right for one another.
Tenley is still my favorite. I like when Jake talks about the joy that she'll bring to a home. That statement speaks alms. I'm glad he notices. Her divorce is still fresh, but she doesn't act bitter, and I think that's the most important part. You can't help when you meet Mr. Right, even if Jake isn't that one for her.
I'm not even going to comment on Vienna. Oh Jake, no. Please, no.
Tenley, Tenley, Tenley. Yes she's hurt and it's still fresh, but I could TOTALLY see them working well as a couple. They would be a perfect match in my opinion.
Ali, buggin' me too.
Gia, agree completely with you. Pretty, sweet, not for Jake.
I still think Vienna isn't the monster that everyone makes her out to be, BUT she is completely and totally wrong for Jake and they would definitely have troubles--because of her.
Post a Comment