Sunday, April 4, 2010

Full

The weekend is over and we are FULL! Full of candy, full of eggs, full of inspiration from our Church leaders and full of fun! Throw together Easter weekend, General Conference weekend, great weather and a visit from our Nana and WOW we've had a great few days!

DSC_6915 DSC_6916

The festivities began with cookie decorating... which the kiddos did twice that day (at home and at a primary activity). Did I mention the kids have been FULL of sugar for a few days straight?

DSC_6918 DSC_6922

We also had to get in our easter egg decorating. Only 3 eggs were smashed. We're getting better at this every year.

DSC_6943 DSC_6927

Our egg smasher was our newest egg dyer Cason. This was his first year getting to participate. He was so proud of his egg. Just look at him show off his egg!

DSC_6945 DSC_6952

And of course the Easter bunny did swing by and leave some more refined sugar for my children. Ignore the fact that my children are in their PJs in ALL of these pictures. I promise we usually get dressed sometime during the day... but I'd rather ruin jammies with icing and egg dye than their clothes. I really did plan on having them in their cute easter shirts, that their Nana brought, for when they did the egg hunt... but hey, this is our reality. So real that Brans doesn't have pants on in a few pics and a shirt in some others.

DSC_6950 DSC_6959
Oh Cason looks so tired in this pic. Poor kid got woken up bright and early to look for the Easter bunny.

DSC_6970

The boys with their loot, just seconds before the candy consumption began. This is the closest I got to an Easter pic of the boys! Ha! Barefoot, shirtless and with bed head. Nice.

DSC_7003 DSC_6978

DSC_7016 DSC_7000
Luckily all the festivities were over by about 8:15 this morning. I let them eat all their candy at once so that it'd be out of their system in a few hours. Brans spit a lot of his out... he's not the biggest candy fan (he's more of a baked goods kinda guy... takes after his mother!). Ty organized his, found a big egg that he was going to save some candy in so he could eat some later and could share it with his friends at school (that didn't happen). Cason just shoveled it in as fast as he could (he takes after his daddy... the more crappy candy the better).

By the time General Conference began the sugar high had been evened out by the dozen boiled eggs my kids consumed. Oh and General Conference, how I love you. It was AMAZING! So many talks on the family and motherhood. So much to be applied to my life. So much to ponder (and highlight in my May ensign). You know, I just mentioned in the previous post that there are great blogs out there that inspire and are worth reading. But really, my time should just be spent pouring over the words of our inspired leaders. There lies my answers.

If you didn't get a chance to listen, I HIGHLY recommend you click here and be prepared to be uplifted! Even if you are not of my faith, it will be well worth your time and will bless your family!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Hope your tummies are full (of something besides candy) and your hearts are full of the joy only our Savior can bring.

No comments: