Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Perfectly Ordinary Day

A day in the life of this mommy. Wake up to little people needing something. Make food. Clean up food. Build a tower with Trios. Dress little people. Maybe dress mommy (maybe!). Start chores. Stop and read a book to little one who oh so sweetly asks "mom, book, pease." Mediate. More chores. Get snacks for little people. Kiss an owie. Say "ooh awesome robot/drawing/flip off the couch." Say it 20 more times. Make lunch. Clean up lunch. Help little people burn energy. Make dinner with 3 little helpers. Eat dinner. Talk about calcium, how vegetables make us super strong, and reverence during prayers. Throw dirty little people in the bath. Clean up bath. Cuddle. Read books. Rock baby (he's my baby for 5 more months!). Pray with big boys. Talk about Easter, death, Utah, Spiderman, how many days 'til the next holiday. Flop on my bed. Eat something sweet along with a heartburn med. Remember I'm pregnant. Say hi to baby #4. Say "Go To Bed!" two more times to big boys. Catch up with hubby. Sleep. Do it again. My Perfectly Ordinary days. How grateful I am to have them.

DSC_6763

Because everyday I get to see these faces. Here's today's perfectly ordinary, glad to do it over and over again, day.

DSC_6770

Yes, we usually start everyday with Trios. The worlds best toy. I'm not kidding. We have gotten more use out of these babies than any other toy. And yes, my boys have built guns... big guns. I'm not a huge fan of guns. I don't buy toy guns for my boys. But this doesn't mean they don't show up in one form or another. Even Cason has already created a couple. Boys.

DSC_6774

Ordinary days are made oh so much more enjoyable when spring arrives. We're no longer cooped up in the house. Today we were out finding:

DSC_6833

Four leaf clovers at...

DSC_6782 DSC_6779
the park! Parks are great... for boys and mommies. Even if the wind is blowing 30 miles per hour.

DSC_6800 DSC_6801

Three can be a handful, but watching them play together, 3 little buddies, I wouldn't have it any other way.

DSC_6828 DSC_6811
Of course, a normal day for us always consists of an owie. Some bigger than others.

DSC_6819 DSC_6815

DSC_6846

Ordinarily I don't let Ty touch my nice camera... but I realized I don't have a pic of myself from the last like 4 months. Proof: Mommy exists.

DSC_6851 DSC_6854

And our day usually ends as it begins... with Trios. More building.

DSC_6872

And of course bathtime, which wouldn't be near as fun without all our toys... yes, there's some Trios in there too.

DSC_6881

Ordinarily, there will be a scuffle or two. But I've learned not to interfere, cuz they usually end in laughter.

DSC_6880

DSC_6889

DSC_6900

A perfectly ordinary day of mine. Perfect. Someday I'll miss these days. A lot. And these faces.

4 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

This was a great advertisement for those trios... the company should pay you for it. I think Ill have to look into them, ive never heard of them before!
-Holly

Socktopus Creations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

I love the ordinary days too! Btw, I think you have a future photographer on your hands :)

(that was me that deleted the previous comment- I was signed in under the wrong google account)

Tara Rickards said...

Kristen, I love all of your fun pictures of your kids! The bath pictures are so cute! Thanks for letting Ty touch your camera.
:-) It's good to see you! Jason always reminds me that "these are the good ole days." I know someday we will look back and miss all the choas that little ones bring. Little hands make BIG messes! Haha!