I have been dying to watch this episode!! The family visits are always so fun. But since we moved into our new house last weekend, we've had no internet or TV, actually we still don't. I finally got to watch the Bachelorette episode today while at my in laws house. Kids were swimming and I was all plugged in with an extension cord out to the pool. Again, Hulu saved me, anyway...
First date Roberto, Tampa, begins with lots of giggling, a trip to a baseball field where he presents her with her own jersey and he comes out wearing his baseball uniform... uh, he USED to be a baseball player, but apparently we still wish we had made the big leagues, and Ali is totally diggin' the uniform. They giggle some more and goof around hitting the ball, running the bases and playing catch. And then to add to it all he gives her a gift, HIS baseball card, and for some reason she thinks that's so sweet and romantic (nothing says I like you like a picture of yourself). Then off to his family's house, the usual awkward dinner, the trophy wall, the tough questions about career and sacrifice, the million heart to hearts with every member of the family in different rooms of the house, and then the salsa party (mom and dad can shake it!). Yeah, she likes him. Yeah, she thinks he's hot. But I'm not sure we know much more than that.
Second is my Chris, in Cape Cod MA, who shows up on the beach with his dog. It was so picturesque, the two of them holding hands, walking the beach, the dog following beside them, whales mating in the distance... so perfect. Then they headed to the house he grew up in and she was able to see pics of his mom, they sat on the porch together like an old couple and met his family. They're all very close and seem very solid and real, like Chris. While talking with his dad, he pointed out to Ali and that both of them had left their jobs and moved to take care of someone (Ali did for her grandma, and Chris for his mom). I have to admit, it was touching and brought tears to my eyes. That does say a lot about both of them and their priorities. Of course the family liked her, though the sisters in laws were a little cautious, as they so smartly should be since they probably are fans of the show and know how it all works. "Whenever I say her name, I just start smiling" says our darling Chris, oh I SO hope you don't get your heart broken. This would be such a good way for him to move on with his life. His dad was so wise and so committed to love and to his "soul mate", and YOU KNOW he has passed that along to Chris. DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE ALI! I just don't think you could go wrong with this guy. He's not a gamble. "I don't want her to pick me, I want her to just fall for me" oh the sweet one liners that come out of this guys mouth!! Before the date ended he took her up to picturesque moment #85, where they kissed and cuddled and I cried.
Third date is with Kirk, in Green Bay WI, do we even care about Kirk? First it's off to Dad's family, apparently his parents don't talk... ugly divorce? Just after they've met the family, his dad asks if she would like to see his basement... ugh CREEPY! And it gets creepier, when she sees dead stuffed animals hanging EVERYWHERE! Oh and then there's the freezer, full of dead animals laying right beside the family's popsicles...EW!! With dead eyes watching on, Ali had her heart to heart with his dad. I'll be honest, I kinda zoned out while watching Kirk's family segment. I don't care much for him, don't think he'll make it to the end and so I actually just flirted with my 2 year old (who was being so cute) and waited for his date to be over.
Last date is with Frank, in Chicago IL, and I'm frustrated from the very beginning, knowing that he's gonna mess things up later on. First is a tour of the city by boat. Ali asks "what are your concerns, be honest with me" I could've answered that question. Uh hello, you're dating 3 other guys and could drop me at any moment. His stretched out tank top and cardigan is turning me off. His family was nice and great and they really do seem to have a connection, but we all know better. Nothin' much very exciting about their day together though.
Rose ceremony and another darling dress! Lovin' the pink roses bunched at her bosom. Ali and Chris do a little review on all the dates and then it's time for some roses to be handed out. Roberto, Chris and then Frank get their roses, no surprises there. See ya Kirk. And next week they're off to Tahiti... where we get to fall more in love with Chris and see Frank break Ali's heart. Cross your fingers that I'll have TV by then!! I know I can't wait long to see this upcoming episode!!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I SO agree with you! I fell in love with Chris' family too! He is amazing and I am afraid she is going to blow it! It was no surprise to me that Kirk got kicked off this week...he kind of fed her to the "dogs" by letting her go down there by herself! CREEPY! I loved how during the rose ceremony she says...this has nothing to do with your families, I loved all your families.....she only had to say that because we were all freaked out about Kirk's family! I am so over Frank...I wish you were still here so we could watch next week together! Miss you!
Post a Comment