Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Place to Call Home

Okay, so we have been up to more than just watching Bachelorette (though my blog may advertise otherwise). After graduation we packed up our belongings and headed to SLC to stay with my in laws until we could close on our house. We always have so much fun there. We busied ourselves with:

DSC_4255

DSC_4230

DSC_4246

DSC_4229

The boys were more than happy to play with a few buckets and a hose...

DSC_4403

Torture, I mean, love on their Auntie's little doggies...

DSC_4189 DSC_4184
(and did a little a photoshoot with them)

DSC_4404

Ate lots (and LOTS) of fruit snacks...

DSC_4220

Celebrated a few birthdays (Daddy is now 33!)...

DSC_4387 DSC_4391
Swam, swam and swam some more...

DSC_4392

(so much that Ty got swimmers ear)

DSC_4396

And learned to play Wii... thank goodness we don't have one, cuz I think we'd have an addict.

After about 2 weeks we finally closed (what a headache!) and are official home owners! Well actually we're home owners twice over since we still own our OK house too. sigh.

IMG_0292

It's been a great house so far. Thanks to all our family out here we got all the boxes in and unpacked in just a couple days.

DSC_4355

The boys LOVE having a basement and spend every single morning playing in the dirt under our deck in the backyard.

DSC_4379

DSC_4380

They also love (as do I) that the house came with an already planted garden! It's a little overgrown, but with some tender lovin' care we may reap a little harvest from it. We already went out and found the carrots. They were yummy!

DSC_4376

We've had some friends visit from OK... I'm so glad everyone makes their way to UT for vacations! Please come see us if you do!

DSC_4362

Ah, the wonderful faces of summer.

2 comments:

The Wright Fam said...

HOORAY!!! I am so happy you are in your new home!! IT is beautiful, and I bet you are anxious to get everything in order, especially with little one almost here!! Congrats and keep the pics coming!! Love you and miss you!!

Waggoner Family said...

Your home is beautiful! I can't wait to come visit! :) THe boys have been busy! Is that a piece of half eaten pizza in Ty's lap in the last pic? So funny! Miss you all and hope you are having fun!